Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Dick said:

I do wonder if he has been given a points targert.

That's how I read it too. Whether it's points or certain clear expectations about winning matches, he wore the face of a man who knew that even a draw was not good enough. That said, he'll be disappointed that we're not beating Blackburn anyway so it could just be that - I know I couldn't muster any celebration when Conor's (excellent) free kick went in. I hope it's the former.

how hard is it to play 4-4-2?

How hard is it to play Tuanzebe every week at centre back?

How hard is it to play your new wingers on the wing?

How hard is it to realise that you need to play two up front with our strikers?

SACK HIM! I guarantee whoever follows him will do better

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

That's how I read it too. Whether it's points or certain clear expectations about winning matches, he wore the face of a man who knew that even a draw was not good enough. That said, he'll be disappointed that we're not beating Blackburn anyway so it could just be that - I know I couldn't muster any celebration when Conor's (excellent) free kick went in. I hope it's the former.

He has celebrated last-minute goals before. Something wasn't right with his reaction.

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

I don't understand how Conor got dropped to start with, he's like the glue that holds everything together as well as chipping in with more than his fair share of goals. 

Great goal but my eyes see what they see. Too often he's a nothing player from general play. Not gonna have a wank fest over him because he scored the equaliser. Just saying.

• Like 1

With the squad we have, the talent we have and the money invested, we need to performing far better than we are. 

Sorry Bruce, you have to go. We've had far too many of these appalling runs of form

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Great goal but my eyes see what they see. Too often he's a nothing player from general play. Not gonna have a wank fest over him because he scored the equaliser. Just saying.

He works across the middle, closing down and taking responsibility for cutting out attacks. As well as that he gets forward and into the box.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Said nothing in his post match interview as expected. Apparently it's going to take time to gel the team. Sounds like a shit excuse to me. 

Yeah and that he lost half his team last season, which was his fault as most was loans so that excuse doesn’t wash with me, he’s a deluded prat who needs to go

Just now, Troglodyte said:

Saying we should have had a penalty in the first half in his interview now and "goals change games" - came out with that immediately as an excuse, disregarding the fact that Blackburn had a legitimate goal ruled out beforehand.

Blackburn had a legit goal chalked off. But don't mention that Steve. Doesn't suit your argument.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Said nothing in his post match interview as expected. Apparently it's going to take time to gel the team. Sounds like a shit excuse to me. 

He's obsessed with the fact that we have "lost half the team" from last year and "brought in 6 players" and that it takes time.

EVERY

TEAM

HAS

THIS 

ISSUE

With the exception of the mega-rich teams.

• Like 3

8/11 that started were here last season and when you loan in 4/5 players each season there's always going to be a few changes each year but we are no different to any other club.

Apart from Terry, Johnstone & Snoddy this squad has barely been shaken up but he will roll this excuse out every year. 

• Like 2

'We lost half the team I built this year'

Let's look at that statement.

Johnstone - buys TWO keepers
Terry - HE chooses not to replace him (or replace him with Jedinak)
Grabban - Kodjia/Abraham are better
Snodgrass - Signed 2 wingers

Just **** off you prick. I detest him and his asinine statements.

• Like 2

He just needs to be sacked. 

Nothing changes, nothing improves, no lessons are learned. Late equaliser changes nothing for me. 

Last 5 results are just not good enough, more importantly performances are not good enough, entertainment is not good enough. 

He's not going to suddenly put these things right and make us look good enough so we need to cut our losses and get someone new in. 

They may need to start again and take time but this season will surely be a write off keeping hold of Bruce anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

'We lost half the team I built this year'

Let's look at that statement.

Johnstone - buys TWO keepers
Terry - HE chooses not to replace him (or replace him with Jedinak)
Grabban - Kodjia/Abraham are better
Snodgrass - Signed 2 wingers

Just **** off you prick. I detest him and his asinine statements.

Exact.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

8/11 that started were here last season and when you loan in 4/5 players each season there's always going to be a few changes each year but we are no different to any other club.

Apart from Terry, Johnstone & Snoddy this squad has barely been shaken up but he will roll this excuse out every year. 

It’s like a bad relationship now: same lines, the same points of argument. We’ve reached an impasse, Steve. I would say ‘it’s you not me’ but it is definitely you, Steve!

• Like 1

Â