Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Zero wins in the last 6 games (including a cup loss)

12 goals shipped (and scored) in 7 league games

No clean sheet since April.

Still look just as lethargic as ever.

The only players who look up for it or break the norm are the new signings. But that usually wear off after about 3 games in the Villa shirt.

We are going nowhere, Bruce is a wet blanket stifling the players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Nothing wrong in being loyal to your football manager.

its just that, the scene is all too familiar and despite the changing of so many players, the end product is much the same.

despite the reputations of our players individually, we fail to play with belief, conviction or tenacity.....players inferior to ours are consistently imposing themselves on us and disrupting any intentions we have.....we are slow lethargic and an easy target for young up and coming players, who want to make a name, we make it easy for them.

our play is so predictable and laboured and any superior talent we allegedly have gets so easily negated.

I have defended the manager in the past and targeted my criticism at the players....but he is the only single denominator left.

He undoubtedly for whatever reason, has the ability to secure signings from the better clubs, but would he find a Bradley Dack or a Madden, now at Leicester.

He gets them in, but can't blend a team.

I think anyone who has been watching us must surely be questioning his ability  to blend a team.

not sure where we go from here.....I think the 64 million dollar question, is who we are proposing to replace him with, before we get too excited.

There is clearly things we all see on match day, we would like to see disappear under a new man.

its a decision for the owners.....it depends on their timeline for progress.

We have seen nearly 3 years of his.....they have only just arrived, they are bound to have a little more patience than us.

The tragedy for me is......There is no special teams this season, there is no better time to get it right.

Can't argue with that, and for me that is why he has gto go. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

its just that, the scene is all too familiar and despite the changing of so many players, the end product is much the same.

despite the reputations of our players individually, we fail to play with belief, conviction or tenacity.....players inferior to ours are consitently imposing them selves on us and disrupting ny intentions we have.....we are slow lethargic and an easy target for young up and coming players.

our play is so predictable and laboured and any superior talent we allegedly have gets so easily negated.

I have defended the manager in the past and targeted my criticism at the players....but he is the only single denominator left.

He undoubtedly for whatever reason, has the ability to secure signings from the better clubs, but would he find a Bradley Dack or a Madden, now at Leicester.

I think anyone who has been watching us must surely be questioning his ability  to blend a team.

not sure where we go from here.....I think the 64 million dollar question, is who we are proposing to replace him with, before we get too excited.

There is clearly things we all see on match day, we would like to see disappear under a new man.

We have seen nearly 3 years of his.....they have only just arrived, they are bound to have a little more patience than us.

The tragedy for me is......There is no special teams this season, there is no better time to get it right.

Agree. I was prepared to give the manager until October, but I don't see those little signs that the team is coming together and evolving. I think the owners need to pull the trigger, but have they had the time to identify their man?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Zero wins in the last 6 games (including a cup loss)

12 goals shipped (and scored) in 7 league games

No clean sheet since April.

Still look just as lethargic as ever.

The only players who look up for it or break the norm are the new signings. But that usually wear off after about 3 games in the Villa shirt.

We are going nowhere, Bruce is a wet blanket stifling the players.

That penultimate paragrah, is such a sad indictment but true.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'd take Kim Wilde.

Nah, We’d only keep hanging on with her in charge.

Edited by jim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

despite the reputations of our players individually, we fail to play with belief, conviction or tenacity.....players inferior to ours are consistently imposing themselves on us and disrupting any intentions we have.....we are slow lethargic and an easy target for young up and coming players, who want to make a name, we make it easy for them.

We have seen nearly 3 years of this.....they have only just arrived, they are bound to have a little more patience than us.

Respectfully disagree TRO. How can you be loyal to a manager that provides no direction, no progression, no identity and no system? ....in 2 years of leadership?? I’m all for loyalty but when that loyalty has no substance or logic and stagnates as blind loyalty then I struggle to respect said loyalty. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Respectfully disagree TRO. How can you be loyal to a manager that provides no direction, no progression, no identity and no system? ....in 2 years of leadership?? I’m all for loyalty but when that loyalty has no substance or logic and stagnates as blind loyalty then I struggle to respect said loyalty. 

I was talking about the past as that was how i read the post.

as you may glean from my recent posts my patience is waning rapidly....Todays offering is no encouragement.

i have said in the past, my defence of him is not unconditional.

However, I would never align myself with those that was against him from the start, i think its only fair to give any manager time to build a team.

But eventually everyone shows their true colours.

its just not going to work with him.....is it?

• Like 2

Â