Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Name 1 team in the division which jasnt brought in 4 or 5 players.  This settling in thing is pure bs.

Ive focised on the above, bit 90% of what he said was bs, and had the journos any balls they could easily have countered.  Pathetic on both sides.

Could i attend a press conference, under the guise of doing an article for VT? I wouldnt let him away with anything!

He would probably walk out the press conference soon as the heat started focusing on him and exposing him.

This settling in thing is pure bs.

It's not really. Only two teams can occupy where everyone wants to be and it's little surprise to me that Leeds is one of them.

Fulham will tell you they started slower than they would of liked (last season) because the drills and passing sequences took time to learn under Jokanovic.

The issue is, and the outcome of our season rests on, whether or not Bruce is actually drilling anything of worth into our side.

While I still hope for promotion this season, everything that has led up to now, would have me think Bruce is just expecting players to organically come to a better understanding and cohesion

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This settling in thing is pure bs.

It's not really. Only two teams can occupy where everyone wants to be and it's little surprise to me that Leeds is one of them.

Fulham will tell you they started slower than they would of liked (last season) because the drills and passing sequences took time to learn under Jokanovic.

The issue is, and the outcome of our season rests on, whether or not Bruce is actually drilling anything of worth into our side.

While I still hope for promotion this season, everything that has led up to now, would have me think Bruce is just expecting players to organically come to a better understanding and cohesion

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

This has always been the issue and why most are concerned.

• Like 4

I don't cut Bruce any slack with regards to the squad needed to be rebuilt again this season, because he's the reason that our squad was made up of loans rather than taking a long term view.

We will be in exactly the same postion next season aswell given hald the first 11 are again loans. So will the rebuild excuse be valid again next season when we lose 4/5 players?

10 hours ago, jim said:

Still banging on about losing half the team and bemoaning what happened in the summer. Asking for time blah blah blah.

We had to let certain players go to balance the books.

We'll be there or thereabouts...

Absolutely this - I'm fed up of hearing him say we always seem to be just one game away from a crisis - when is this man going to wake up and realise - that until he delivers what he should have two years ago - then this is how it will be.

Does he ever stop and think just what a lucky football manager he is  to manage our club - I'm bored of his rhetoric.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Does he ever stop and think just what a lucky football manager he is  to manage our club - I'm bored of his rhetoric.

In his head he honestly believes we are lucky to have him. After all who could do a better job?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jim said:

In his head he honestly believes we are lucky to have him. After all who could do a better job?

Almost any name mentioned in the next manager thread including 1/3 of the posters. Oh wait, you were rhetorical....... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jim said:

To be fair to him (and I want him gone) he says the opposite. I believe him.  I genuinely do think he believes this is the biggest job he has had and he is incredibly proud to be here. I just dont see how we are going to become a team that plays good football let alone one that can survive i the Premier league under him. Sadly I think its time to change but I dont think Bruce is arrogant.

3 hours ago, jim said:

To be fair to him (and I want him gone) he says the opposite. I believe him.  I genuinely do think he believes this is the biggest job he has had and he is incredibly proud to be here. I just dont see how we are going to become a team that plays good football let alone one that can survive i the Premier league under him. Sadly I think its time to change but I dont think Bruce is arrogant.

• Like 1

Â