Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

so it appears that his man management skills are now being called into question in some quarters - just a few short weeks after some who think they know - tried to tell us how you could tell - what a great man manager he is - I always felt this was because in reality they were struggling to defend him - so throw in the man management chestnut - knowing this is hard to measure.

• Like 3

I see this as our owners board using the french lad's agent to ridicule Bruce. I bet this kid thought aston villa was a pop group and he has no idea what style of play we use. The words have been planted by the agent who probably has connections to our new co owners.

I fear for Bruce. He must park the bus at blackburn.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I see this as our owners board using the french lad's agent to ridicule Bruce. I bet this kid thought aston villa was a pop group and he has no idea what style of play we use. The words have been planted by the agent who probably has connections to our new co owners.

#battendownthehatches ?

Fwiw i think he has assembled a team suited to play on the front foot and put teams under pressure, but one that is terribly suited to sitting deep and soaking up pressure.

SO I hope he goes for it since that is where we have the quality.

Trying to defend our way to victory will fail miserably IMO

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

The owners don't need to do that it was clear from the reaction from the last game and the run we are on they don't need the fans to turn on him.

they already have

• Like 2

We are still in the hands of yesterday's man. Other (lesser?) clubs have embraced the here and now. 

Having said that, I'm expecting the Brucie bounce back against Blackburn, Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday.

We could (and bloody well should) double our points tally in the next nine days!

Look at our opponent's respective team lists, and then look at the team list we (should) put out!

5 hours ago, sne said:

#battendownthehatches ?

Fwiw i think he has assembled a team suited to play on the front foot and put teams under pressure, but one that is terribly suited to sitting deep and soaking up pressure.

SO I hope he goes for it since that is where we have the quality.

Trying to defend our way to victory will fail miserably IMO

"We've got to get our boots on.

We've got to scrap.

We've got to fight.

We've got to be physically and mentally up for the challenge.

We have to roll our sleeves up.

We have to dust ourselves down.

Stand up and be counted."

Steve, we just have to go there and just have a gameplan, use our superior players and capabilities to out play them, create chances, dominate the ball,  work them all over the pitch. We are a better side with better players

"Look, we need to learn to battle with the best of them, it won't be easy, listen, the first thing people will say about a Bruce side is they know how to scrap. We've got to be at the races for sure. We hope Tammy can come in and give us some much need physicality. "

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Bruce is killing us. We likely won't achieve promotion because of his bizarre decision making, and even if we somehow do, look at the state of our team. We would have to make 7-8 new signings in the premier league to stay competitive and that never works. We are relying on Tuanzebe, Bolasie,  and El Ghazi who are all loans. We have Jedinak, Whelan, Hutton, and Elmo who are all starters but they are far too old to compete in the premier league. We only have Chester and Grealish who might get on in the premier league. That is F***ing terrifying, and not how you build a team for more than one year of success. 

The personnel we have currently not being up to standard is less an issue than the way we setup from one game to the next. You could expect more loan signings should we go up.

23 hours ago, Dave J said:

so it appears that his man management skills are now being called into question in some quarters - just a few short weeks after some who think they know - tried to tell us how you could tell - what a great man manager he is - I always felt this was because in reality they were struggling to defend him - so throw in the man management chestnut - knowing this is hard to measure.

He's done.

He's exhausted, bored and wants his payoff. He couldn't make it any more obvious.

Incredible squad ability-wise so we should be able to pick up wins during this purgatory we're floating around in.

• Like 4

I really don't understand the logic of letting RDL, Elphick and Clark go given we are desperately short of people that can play at CB. 

He's put us in a comical situation really, god only knows what this must be doing to the moral of the squad.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is it true that Bruce will always get a years compensation no matter when he is sacked? 

It has been reported that he is on a 1yr rolling contract, if that is correct, then yes. 

A rolling contract always has 1yr left, so whenever he gets sacked, the remaining time left on the contract would need to be paid. In this situation, 1 year. 

That is how a "traditional" rolling contract works, but then contracts can be complex so i could be that other factors could be tailed in. 

Â