Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I see steve's body language position in that still of the video he is doing the dragon.

this is a power pose, there is an increase in testosterone and a decrease in the stress hormone, cortisol. Interestingly, even holding a power pose for several minutes before an job interview, and then sitting or standing normally would make the person more persuasive.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

the jibes at bruces weight are becoming much more frequent and became tiresome a long time ago...oh but people get so bloody teary when he takes a swipe at fans

Hard to compare what people say on a forum to what he says in interviews. Do you think he logs into Villa Talk to see what people are saying about him?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Starts off by claiming that "the wast majority" of the squad has been away on international duty.

I get it to about 10 if you count Suliman. Hardly a wast majority since our squad is 30+ senior players.

Always making himself out as a victim of circumstances by exaggerating or making stuff up.

Wast majority seem to be the phrase of the week as we also lost "the wast majority" of the team that almost got us promoted last season.

"Wast majority" of balancing the books is done.

"Wast majority" of squad if fine

Speaks about De Laet going out on loan and talks about the players he already has in the RB position, Hutton, Elmo, Bree. Fails to mention the CB Tuanzebe who he has been his choice to play there.

He also said we lost 6 players who played a big part last season. Terry, Snoddy, Johnstone, Grabban (half a season). That's 4 players and one of them is a Jan loan deal. You can make 6 if you add Onomah who played very few games and Tuanzebe who arrived in Jan and played 2-3 times. Tuanzebe has returned so can't be included. 

I watch the press conference just to see what gutless questions will be asked and what lies will be given as answers. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

"We've got to get our boots on.

We've got to scrap.

We've got to fight.

We've got to be physically and mentally up for the challenge.

We have to roll our sleeves up.

We have to dust ourselves down.

Stand up and be counted."

"Look, we need to learn to battle with the best of them, it won't be easy, listen, the first thing people will say about a Bruce side is they know how to scrap. We've got to be at the races for sure. We hope Tammy can come in and give us some much need physicality. "

This annoys me. We have the best squad in the Championship. The message should not be “we’ve got to be ready to scrap”, it should be “We are going to wreak havoc and fury on [Championship team] the likes of which have hitherto not been seen. The destruction we will leave in our path will be spoken about through the ages. The city of [insert city] is now ours. We shall call it Greater Aston. Muahaha. Hahahahaha. AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Or similar.

• Haha 3

Watched the press conference with interest. It's a mirror image of around this time last season. Full of excuses again. How many players did Wolves bring in last season Steve?

He's really starting to grate on me. Talks about a settled team yet chopped and changed last season while playing players out of position this season.

He also firmly states there is going to be a reaction from the Sheffield result. For his sake I hope it's a positive one because I don't know about the owners but I'm getting sick of hearing the same bs.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hard to compare what people say on a forum to what he says in interviews. Do you think he logs into Villa Talk to see what people are saying about him?

he has quoted phrases used on social media and forums, so yes, he does look around...where else do you think he got the 'hysteria' he mentioned? because it wasn't from the stands. i'm sure his son feeds the occasional bit of info to him too...just went onto his twitter, his last post was a UEFA B license photo and literally the first 4 replies were "hope you're not as shit as your dad" and similar

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

he has quoted phrases used on social media and forums, so yes, he does look around...where else do you think he got the 'hysteria' he mentioned? because it wasn't from the stands. i'm sure his son feeds the occasional bit of info to him too...just went onto his twitter, his last post was a UEFA B license photo and literally the first 4 replies were "hope you're not as shit as your dad" and similar

From his 'how to cover your ass from doing a shit job' playbook. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Well, I think the away end at Sheffield United let their feelings known somewhat. 

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I see steve's body language position in that still of the video he is doing the dragon.

this is a power pose, there is an increase in testosterone and a decrease in the stress hormone, cortisol. Interestingly, even holding a power pose for several minutes before an job interview, and then sitting or standing normally would make the person more persuasive.

Well, he doesn't persuade me. A catalogue of excuses, and pleas for more time. How much bloody time does he need? And apparently we are starting again.

Same old, same old.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Has this been mentioned on social media? Where?

20 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

We are still in the hands of yesterday's man. Other (lesser?) clubs have embraced the here and now. 

Having said that, I'm expecting the Brucie bounce back against Blackburn, Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday.

We could (and bloody well should) double our points tally in the next nine days!

Look at our opponent's respective team lists, and then look at the team list we (should) put out!

I've said before....teams win on grass not paper.

I have no doubt about our technical ability.....I do have doubt about our application and work rate and the will to win.

coming up against teams that have those things ...we struggle.

Ironically, the very things that made us famous in '81/'82.....are the very things we lack.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 11/09/2018 at 04:56, DaveAV1 said:

You’re absolutely right! But hope springs eternal. Although I wouldn’t be shocked if the next manager comes from completely left field and takes us all by surprise. 

I actually hope you are right.  I think safe, conservative, and stable have contributed to this mess (even before Bruce codified it not the field).  I think bold, innovative, intensity and drive is what we should have been doing for the last several years.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I demand to know which idiot has been trying to play without pulling his boots on.  !!!!

Grealish certainly needs to pull his socks up.

Bildresultat för grealish socks

Those calves thou, doubt they make socks that fit him :o

• Haha 2

Name 1 team in the division which jasnt brought in 4 or 5 players.  This settling in thing is pure bs.

Ive focised on the above, bit 90% of what he said was bs, and had the journos any balls they could easily have countered.  Pathetic on both sides.

Could i attend a press conference, under the guise of doing an article for VT? I wouldnt let him away with anything!

• Thanks 2

Â