Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Squad is easily top 3 in terms of quality and technical ability. Yet the football is bottom half standard and continually rely on being bailed out with individual quality.

Bruce is a fraud and has nothing but excuses. Just **** boot him before we drop too far from the pack.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Saying we should have had a penalty in the first half in his interview now and "goals change games" - came out with that immediately as an excuse, disregarding the fact that Blackburn had a legitimate goal ruled out beforehand.

Also the penalty would have been totally against the run of play, which is frankly not good enough in itself.  Getting battered by a Tony Mowbray team who were league one 5 months ago should not require a penalty to bail us out. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

He's obsessed with the fact that we have "lost half the team" from last year and "brought in 6 players" and that it takes time.

EVERY

TEAM

HAS

THIS 

ISSUE

With the exception of the mega-rich teams.

Wouldn’t be a problem if you had a clear idea about how you want them to play and then bring in players who fit the system and style of play. I know, I know, it’s asking a lot of a man who seems never to have spent a full second thinking up an attacking game plan in his entire managerial career, but I am a bit of a dreamer.

8 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Wouldn’t be a problem if you had a clear idea about how you want them to play and then bring in players who fit the system and style of play. I know, I know, it’s asking a lot of a man who seems never to have spent a full second thinking up an attacking game plan in his entire managerial career, but I am a bit of a dreamer.

Well, that's the thing. We have seen no evidence of long-term thinking and improvement. Everything is short term, including the loans.

• Like 2

Wasn’t at the game in person (pregnant wife would not have appreciated that) so watched on TV.  The thing that annoyed me even more than the overall performance was the lazy commentator group think about Bruce, his record, the “6 players missing from last year”, his experience...it’s got unbearable!

• Like 2

I was all for giving bruce a chance, but honestly that time has passed now. I am firmly behind the Bruce out lot because nothing is changing. I mean it's that bad we are struggling to score and those goals are arriving as equaliser not as winning goals, that is a very dangerous situation we are in.

We without a doubt should of won that game but our players could not put them away, I don't think it's just bruce I think our staff need sorting out also.

I can't go on seeing these draws or losses keep coming out so I'm up for the change now, not tomorrow or when it's to late, we need that change quickly.

Don't ask me though who I think should take over, I just don't have a darn clue to be honest. Whoever comes in I think we need an up to date manager who can bring in some sexy football, who can get things rite.  It is hard to watch our lads play at times, knowing we should be pulling victorys out. The championship is a league thats tough to get out of with well built teams who are fighting for everything, thats what this league teaches you and if we don't adapt we won't even be in this league either.

If I were the owners I would fly in asap and say to Bruce (Vince mcmahon voice), the words YOUR FIRED.. I don't dislike bruce, it's just that he isn't doing what he should be doing for us. No doubt it will be our luck though we will get rid of Steve and he will go take the next club to the top flight, that have him as manager, would be just our damn luck.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Smythrn said:

Alright so if Bruce goes out who comes in....?  please not Moyes or some safe play garbage 

Dean Smith. Oscar Garcia. Think Wagner is pissing into the wind at Huddersfield.  The whole "who do we replace him with " won't fly any more.

• Thanks 2

Just about getting results in spite of this kebab gobbling wobbly clown. Get him out. I’m done with this chump now. Stoppage time miracle needed against a Mowbray team just out of league one. Jeez. Automatic places getting further away with each game this buffoon is in charge of. Get **** Steve. Man is a joke. No tactics. No overall plan. No defence. No input in training. No idea. He is relying on his media pals to save him yet again. Get out and close the door behind you.

Some things are done in good taste, others aren't. Football under Bruce, for large parts, has the taste of a tub of piss somebody farted in.

There's no penetration that actually forces a contest, challenging both sides into committing to their best effort. Rarely anything that puts our opponent on the back foot or that backs another teammates ability. We are instructed to throw caution to the wind and play the most uninspired safe pass, whether that be playing it long and direct, or on the odd occasion we attempt some build up play on the floor. Furthermore, it's all so pedestrian. Any team that presses can force an error when we play like this. We bypass midfield by default, no one-twos to draw the defense (the one occasion we saw it Abraham and Kodjia linked up to create a chance).

There's a real lack of belief. I'm going to take a term we use in mental health and use it here because I think it's apt and the reason for all the above. It's called 'dignity of risk' and our playing style under Bruce severely lacks any. In mental health dignity of risk is the idea that self-determination and the right to take reasonable risks are essential for dignity and self esteem and so should not be impeded by excessively-cautious caregivers, concerned about their duty of care. This in football terms would be a manager not allowing his team to take the necessary risks to win a game out of concern for 'getting beat'.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Some things are done in good taste, others aren't. Football under Bruce, for large parts, has the taste of a tub of piss somebody farted in.

There's no penetration that actually forces a contest, challenging both sides into committing to their best effort. Rarely anything that puts our opponent on the back foot or that backs another teammates ability. We are instructed to throw caution to the wind and play the most uninspired safe pass, whether that be playing it long and direct, or on the odd occasion we attempt some build up play on the floor. Furthermore, it's all so pedestrian. Any team that presses can force an error when we play like this. We bypass midfield by default, no one-twos to draw the defense (the one occasion we saw it Abraham and Kodjia linked up to create a chance).

There's a real lack of belief. I'm going to take a term we use in mental health and use it here because I think it's apt and the reason for all the above. It's called 'dignity of risk' and our playing style under Bruce severely lacks any. In mental health dignity of risk is the idea that self-determination and the right to take reasonable risks are essential for dignity and self esteem and so should not be impeded by excessively-cautious caregivers, concerned about their duty of care. This in football terms would be a manager not allowing his team to take the necessary risks to win a game out of concern for 'getting beat'.

I have no idea what the last paragraph means but 'a tub of piss someone's farted in' is magnificent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â