Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Still think he is trying to force the owners hands into resigning Terry.

ATM it seem to have backfired and with that left us and him in a terrible position.

FWIW I think Terry would only be a stop gap solution either way, we needed more and better.

Balance in defense is a joke.

We knew this season was going to be unbearable before the takeover. But then we were handed a lifeline, one last chance with resources to get up and it just feels the negligence of not sorting out the defence will see us haemorrhage too many goals to compete to get up. next season we will be starting from scratch again with a very average squad, while another 3 teams with parachute money come down to scoop up the better players for their shot to get back up while FFP restrains us no doubt. 

• Like 3

I actually think Terry 'would' have come back. I also think he came to us last season as Bruce offered a part coaching role for the defence, it didn't look to bad last season. With the new owners coming in it was a bit of a risk for Terry as he knows Bruce would probably be on his way, an what then for Terry, probably back of the que.

41 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I get that and I am sure Bruce gets that, so I would hazard a guess there were mitigating circumstances that we are are not privileged too, otherwise why would he even have picked him in the first few games? 

I think the only people not privy to the the "Mitigating circumstances" still support the problem.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sne said:

Still think he is trying to force the owners hands into resigning Terry.

ATM it seem to have backfired and with that left us and him in a terrible position.

FWIW I think Terry would only be a stop gap solution either way, we needed more and better.

Balance in defense is a joke.

I think they called his bluff.

"There's a new Sheriff in Town" (Insert Wild Wild West music and photoshop the new boards faces onto cowboys here) and all that.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Oh yeah that old chestnut. TBH it's clear to me that Bruce had a small role in all of our transfer this window.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

However he lets Elphick go out on loan, a totally brainless decision. Elphick isn't great, but steady at this level, and at this point in time would be a welcomed option for us to have. Bruce is just utterly brainless in everything he does.

I'm guessing Bruce is only involved in the transfers you don't agree with then. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Whoever sanctioned Elphick's move and has left the Defence the way it is deserves the sack.

Such a shambles.

I know we have no one for the defence, but Elphick was not only poor he was a liabilty. One thing I don't blame Bruce for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

From the time that our new owners had a meeting with Bruce he had just over a month to sort four priority positions:

Goalkeeper

Centre Back

Left Back

Striker

He didn't sign any one he regards as a usable CB, or a left back (although he came close), he didn't sign a reliable keeper, and he took a risky gamble on getting Abrahams which actually worked for him in squeaky bum time. We also picked up three midfielders and two bench quality keepers during this time.

I'm not blaming Bruce for this failure, because I haven't a clue what was happening behind the scenes and who was actually making decisions, but it's left us with an embarrassingly unbalanced team.

Bruce is left with only one option, which is to play planned attacking football. We'll have to score two or three goals in every game to pick up points this season. If we continue with Bruce's current 'do your best lads' football .... We're stuffed!

precisely.

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We knew this season was going to be unbearable before the takeover. But then we were handed a lifeline, one last chance with resources to get up and it just feels the negligence of not sorting out the defence will see us haemorrhage too many goals to compete to get up. next season we will be starting from scratch again with a very average squad, while another 3 teams with parachute money come down to scoop up the better players for their shot to get back up while FFP restrains us no doubt. 

we do seem to be creating a deja vu cycle.

Oh well. No Terry means that we will really see how much influence Bruce actually had last season in bringing the dressing room together.

Will also be interesting to see what he does with Tuanzebe now. He either plays him at CB or takes responsibility for effectively wasting a loan opportunity.

35 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Oh well. No Terry means that we will really see how much influence Bruce actually had last season in bringing the dressing room together.

Will also be interesting to see what he does with Tuanzebe now. He either plays him at CB or takes responsibility for effectively wasting a loan opportunity.

I have personally little doubt that Terry was responsible for this.

I will stand corrected but has Jack not said that Terry was a huge influence on him.?

As a person I have no truck whatsoever with Terry - as a professional footballer my respect for him went right  off the scale last season 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I know we have no one for the defence, but Elphick was not only poor he was a liabilty. One thing I don't blame Bruce for.

Jedinak is better at CB than Elphick. Anyone that says otherwise has been half asleep watching Elphick games

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Â