Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

33 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why do the only two options have to be sinister? 

We know we tried to sign a CB, we also know that nothing is certain with transfers, ask Spurs. 

Being a moron isn't sinister ?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They didn't.

Can you just pm them and call them doodie heads or something to get it out of your system?  Everyone for the past 5 pages has said that you are not describing them, so why keep regaling us with the sins of others who aren’t reading this?

8 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I must be missing something here.Our last 5 managers have been McStupid ( who was pathetic ) P.Lambert ( who was only a little bit better ) Tim Sherwood ( who got us to the FA cup where we got thrashed ) Remi Garde ( who threw up when he realised what was needed ) Di Mateo ( who spent bucket loads of $$$ for players like Richards and McCormack ) and now we have Bruce ( who has got the dressing room together,has got us playing some decent football and got us to a play off spot last term ) and we are slagging him off.The above list does not include our tempory managers, like Eric Black. 

You have to realise that we are not hoing to get a Guardiola or a Klopp and reading the above, Bruce looks quite good to me.
I have to add that he is not my favourite choice as manager but you have to cut your cloth etc.

You'd be right to suggest that getting a good, progressive manager in,  who is the right fit, is more difficult said than done. I think there's a tendency to look at the teams nailing it and to presume their managerial appointments were relatively easy without putting much thought into how it came about. We obviously see the teams doing well and think we'll have some of that—they're in the spotlight and the teams in the spotlight get all the attention but in the background there are plenty of clubs who have tried to do the same thing and got nowhere. Maybe there's more chance of ending up in the second category than the first.

But that doesn't mean Bruce is the answer. For me now, it'll be interesting to see over the next few games whether we'll have any chance of promotion under Bruce this year. I'll give it three games.

(RDM didn't sign Richards)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

There's only one question to ask. Is having Bruce as our manager stopping us from being promoted? The answer is yes. 

I mean I’m not sure it’s the only question as having Bruce also means we will probably finish top six (I’m sure almost anyone would at least say top half) whereas someone like RDM would have got us relegated. So if he’s replaced, I hope there is a really well thought through replacement. Sacking any manager is only half the story.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No, it's just downright disrespectful.

I mean shit, if he's a moron with the career he's had it speaks volumes for the rest of us doesn't it?!

If only our defence was as good as yours was for Bruce we wouldn't be in this situation.

Bruce out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Likewise, if our attack was as relentless as you we'd be winning the champions league in May. 

That's the crux of the matter my man, these (lol) "attacks" are on him and not on you, don't take it so personally when we question your viewpoint, you, as I am now and then, can be wrong sometimes you know, it's OK to fail, which is exactly the message our board(s) have sent out for the last 10 years or so with the shower of shithouses who've managed us.

28 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I mean I’m not sure it’s the only question as having Bruce also means we will probably finish top six (I’m sure almost anyone would at least say top half) whereas someone like RDM would have got us relegated. So if he’s replaced, I hope there is a really well thought through replacement. Sacking any manager is only half the story.

This is where you'd hope our board earn their coin. I have more confidence in this one getting it right than the previous incumbents.

17 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

That's the crux of the matter my man, these (lol) "attacks" are on him and not on you, don't take it so personally when we question your viewpoint, you, as I am now and then, can be wrong sometimes you know, it's OK to fail, which is exactly the message our board(s) have sent out for the last 10 years or so with the shower of shithouses who've managed us.

I don't take it personally chief, and even if I did I'm made of sterner stuff than to get 'upset' about it, frustrating maybe, but not taking anything to heart ;)

I know I can be wrong, I've been wrong as many times as I've been right and probably more in truth, that doesn't mean I won't stand up for what I believe in - which, incidentally is not Bruce but rather some semblance of a balanced and reasonable debate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Why do the only two options have to be sinister? 

We know we tried to sign a CB, we also know that nothing is certain with transfers, ask Spurs. 

Spurs, as far as know, didn't loan out a player that plays in the position they are weakest in either. 

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't take it personally chief, and even if I did I'm made of sterner stuff than to get 'upset' about it, frustrating maybe, but not taking anything to heart ;)

I know I can be wrong, I've been wrong as many times as I've been right and probably more in truth, that doesn't mean I won't stand up for what I believe in - which, incidentally is not Bruce but rather some semblance of a balanced and reasonable debate.

Here mate, I'm not on the wind up I promise.

The point a lot of us is trying to make is that we think the majority of punters on here do have a reasonable and balanced debate.

• Like 1

I believe there were 2 maybe 3 posters out of hundreds that visit Villatalk that down voted Bruce after we played well and won. 

So it’s not correct to suggest fans weren’t happy when we played well and won just because of their hatred of Bruce. 

Its literally a couple of people.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I must be missing something here.Our last 5 managers have been McStupid ( who was pathetic ) P.Lambert ( who was only a little bit better ) Tim Sherwood ( who got us to the FA cup where we got thrashed ) Remi Garde ( who threw up when he realised what was needed ) Di Mateo ( who spent bucket loads of $$$ for players like Richards and McCormack ) and now we have Bruce ( who has got the dressing room together,has got us playing some decent football and got us to a play off spot last term ) and we are slagging him off.The above list does not include our tempory managers, like Eric Black. 

You have to realise that we are not hoing to get a Guardiola or a Klopp and reading the above, Bruce looks quite good to me.
I have to add that he is not my favourite choice as manager but you have to cut your cloth etc.

So again we should be happy with Bruce because the managers before him were so bad? Never really liked this stance. 

Â