Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

He couldn't sign Johnstone, not Bruce's fault as that was due to the club's circumstances he's signed two new goal keeper's from abroad, both completely unproven at our level neither with much of a reputation. He let Steer go on loan who most would have probably given a chance. Even if Nyland or Moreira do turn out to have pedigree and make it, you know it will take time just as Johnstone did.

Next issue most thought Bruce would replace Terry or get Terry back. Neither happened. Some hoped Elphick would get a chance (many think he's crap) but either way Bruce doesn't want him so loaned him. Most thought Axel would play CB, Bruce promised Jose we would play his player (why god why?) and now he plays in a position that we don't need cover in and badly.

he has had ample chance to sign new defenders, yet he failed to sign a left back and a centre back.

Jed has a few good games at CB (last season), but mostly he has repeatedly reminded us he is not a defender.

I guarantee his response to the ass whooping v Sheffield United will be to play 5 at the back or play all the defenders he has and one striker.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Huh? You’ve used Cardiff as an example of our lack of style when they’re probably the closest you’ll get to how we’ll play. They used Zahoure, Mendez Laing, & Hoilett and got at teams with fast transitioning from defence to attack using the pace and skill of the wide players/strikers to get at the opposition defence.

We’ll attempt to do the same by moving the ball quickly to Abraham/Kodjia, Bolasie, and El Ghazi. We’ll also have Grealish and McGinn who can play a bit. Grealish will be used to draw players out of position by using his skill to create pockets of space and to win free kicks in dangerous areas.

McGinn is probably like Joe Ralls. A box to box type of player who’s also good at delivering set pieces (which is something Cardiff used to good effect as will we).

And you’ve made a note about ball playing centre halves? Well Cardiff hardly had them in Bamba and Manga. You wouldn’t say those two are known for their passing qualities.

The big difference between us this season and Cardiff last season is that they probably press more than we do (we tend to sit off too often) and we won’t be as solid in defence. That’s a HUGE failing of our manager; he should be ashamed that he, a former title winning central defender, now has an under strengthened and dilapidated defence. This will ultimately cost him his job.

Whether we click like Cardiff did is one thing, but to criticise our lack of style whilst using Cardiff as an example of a particular style is totally bizarre. 

When i asked what style you used nobody could say.

A season ticket holder said he didnt know.

My point is after 2 years with the amount of money Bruce has had it should be obvious what style you use, and your squad should be built to suit it. 

Like Pulis at Boro (in less time) like Warnock at Cardiff, who got the job at Cardiff about the same time as when Bruce got your job. 

If as you say your style is meant to be like Cardiff, fair enough, i assumed you would try and be more pretty football wise, given the money you have spent, that was why i mentioned the ball playing cbs.

If Bruce aspires to be like Cardiff and Neil Warnock style wise then fair enough, its not pretty, but it shouldn't be difficult for the clubs fans to describe. Im still shocked that nobody was really able to describe a playing style when i asked, your the first, and when ive watched you cant say that ive ever thought "yes, i can see what the game plan is here", definitely never made the connection between Cardiff last season and you last season or so far this,. 

If, as you say, and it sounds logical, if you do play similarly to Cardiff then surely Bruce should be sacked for failing where Warnock succeed under much harder circumstances? 

I think if you are striving to be Cardiff then Bruce has done an even more shit job then i first thought, i can understand taking time to play good football, but to play Warnock style, with your budget, and fail, thats even worse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Yet we've progressed every season  he's been here. We've had a bad few games let's wait till after Christmas before we all write off not going up. 

As others have said, we haven't progressed enough, and right now it appears as if we're not progressing at all. Bruce has taken us as far as he can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

When i asked what style you used nobody could say.

A season ticket holder said he didnt know.

My point is after 2 years with the amount of money Bruce has had it should be obvious what style you use, and your squad should be built to suit it. 

Like Pulis at Boro (in less time) like Warnock at Cardiff, who got the job at Cardiff about the same time as when Bruce got your job. 

If as you say your style is meant to be like Cardiff, fair enough, i assumed you would try and be more pretty football wise, given the money you have spent, that was why i mentioned the ball playing cbs.

If Bruce aspires to be like Cardiff and Neil Warnock style wise then fair enough, its not pretty, but it shouldn't be difficult for the clubs fans to describe. Im still shocked that nobody was really able to describe a playing style when i asked, your the first, and when ive watched you cant say that ive ever thought "yes, i can see what the game plan is here", definitely never made the connection between Cardiff last season and you last season or so far this,. 

If, as you say, and it sounds logical, if you do play similarly to Cardiff then surely Bruce should be sacked for failing where Warnock succeed under much harder circumstances? 

I think if you are striving to be Cardiff then Bruce has done an even more shit job then i first thought, i can understand taking time to play good football, but to play Warnock style, with your budget, and fail, thats even worse. 

Sorry to cause you all this bother and I am suprised no one has told you what style we play. How rude we are.  ;)

It is known as "Bruceball" is what it's called.

- Basically it's Shit, Trugid and Boring football with no identity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry to cause you all this bother and I am suprised no one has told you what style we play. How rude we are.  ;)

It is known as "Bruceball" is what it's called.

- Basically it's Shit, Trugid and Boring football with no identity.

He's won 4 promotions though.

Hasnt he told you??

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've got to be my favourite visiting supporter of recent times.

No slight to @striker either haha.

Yes but now he needs to go the extra mile and start a campaign on Leeds sites to get rid of their manager, so we can have him. 

Go on Cjay you know it makes sense.......?

• Haha 1

Just catching up a bit on a few threads, looks like Huth was a hoax right? No other defenders on the way. Are we REALLY going to try and play half a season with only Chester as a central defender (seeing as Bruce can't bring himself to play Axel in the middle)?

Really?

40 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes but now he needs to go the extra mile and start a campaign on Leeds sites to get rid of their manager, so we can have him. 

Go on Cjay you know it makes sense.......?

Wait a minute, you mean that crazy instable Bielsa that'll be sacked/have walked out by October?

What we need is a safe pair of hands, that knows how to organize a defence...

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Just catching up a bit on a few threads, looks like Huth was a hoax right? No other defenders on the way. Are we REALLY going to try and play half a season with only Chester as a central defender (seeing as Bruce can't bring himself to play Axel in the middle)?

Really?

Makes you think he is **** us up on purpose!

Reason 706 to get rid of Bruce.

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Wait a minute, you mean that crazy instable Bielsa that'll be sacked/have walked out by October?

What we need is a safe pair of hands, that knows how to organize a defence...

It was a joke, or do you think that Leeds fans are about to start a campaign against their manager as they sit top of the league. As for needing a safe pair of hands, isn’t that what we are supposed to have now?

Â