Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It was a joke, or do you think that Leeds fans are about to start a campaign against their manager as they sit top of the league. As for needing a safe pair of hands, isn’t that what we are supposed to have now?

It's been and gone.

He seems about as safe as a chocolate fireguard now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've got to be my favourite visiting supporter of recent times.

No slight to @striker either haha.

Shucks thanks, i dont know how to respond to that modestly . . . . 

Sod it, yeah you're right i am pretty awesome?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

It was a joke, or do you think that Leeds fans are about to start a campaign against their manager as they sit top of the league. As for needing a safe pair of hands, isn’t that what we are supposed to have now?

Look like your sarcasm gland is dry.

4 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes but now he needs to go the extra mile and start a campaign on Leeds sites to get rid of their manager, so we can have him. 

Go on Cjay you know it makes sense.......?

We play Millwall Saturday, same weekend as last season, we know what happened after that.

Give it till Sunday mate.

Just saying.?

Ah the wonderful uncertainty of life. Particularly football life. 

Sometimes i shed a tear for those fans who dont know the excitement that comes from the uncertainty.

Imagine how dull it must be to be a Manchester City fan?

Winning football matches most weeks.

Blah?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

Sometimes i shed a tear for those fans who dont know the excitement that comes from the uncertainty.

Blah?

Not half as dull as losing them every week. As I think both our clubs have had seasons with how that feels :(

If there is not a glaring improvement going into the next international break im fairly sure he wont survive. The grace period, which was noble if not a little naive of NSWE will have expired for Bruce. Bolasie & Abraham will have played. We need near on maximum points from this next set of fixtures, which i dont think we'll achieve so I think his replacement is not too far away. Would be surprised if said replacement isnt on standby and aware of the situation. Watching on from afar in a technical area somewhere in Belgium ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, romavillan said:

Just catching up a bit on a few threads, looks like Huth was a hoax right? No other defenders on the way. Are we REALLY going to try and play half a season with only Chester as a central defender (seeing as Bruce can't bring himself to play Axel in the middle)?

Really?

In fairness, Sir Alex Ferguson won everything for 10 years with just Gary Pallister carrying Steve Bruce in defence, funny how art imitates life innit? 

• Haha 3

I’ve got to say, there was an incredible amount of smoke for there to be no fire earlier in the summer regarding Mr Henri. We shall see what develops, but I don’t think anyone would be shocked if he was our next manager. He has been very open in his desire to manage and I’m sure he would have plenty of takers, so it seems that his decision to go back to his old job with Belgium is possibly a temporary one. 

I also think that NSWE may have decided that they wanted more time before making such a big decision and in taking their time they have relieved a lot of pressure on themselves and whoever is the next manager, Henri or anyone else. To make the change so early would have been portrayed, by the press anyway, as a naive and hurried move and the Steve “promoted four time” Bruce PR machine would have gone into overdrive. They’ve given Bruce sufficient time to either get it right, or cock it up and so his eventual successor comes in to a more welcoming rather than questioning environment. Saviour rather than aggressive invader. 

While I hope you are right, I think there’s a lot more speculation than fact in your post.  

22 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

While I hope you are right, I think there’s a lot more speculation than fact in your post.  

You’re absolutely right! But hope springs eternal. Although I wouldn’t be shocked if the next manager comes from completely left field and takes us all by surprise. 

18 hours ago, Cjay said:

Blah?

joking aside (and shamelessly off topic) i do wonder what being a celtic fan is like and imagine that it surely must get a wee bit boring winning the league every year with such ease

17 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not half as dull as losing them every week. As I think both our clubs have had seasons with how that feels :(

True.

But i do look forward to the annual trip to YouTube to decide if our new signing is any good.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

joking aside (and shamelessly off topic) i do wonder what being a celtic fan is like and imagine that it surely must get a wee bit boring winning the league every year with such ease

Agreed.

At least its a bit exciting and different for our clubs.

Celtic fans must get a bit bored.

Same reason I'm not to fussed about The Prem.

Aside from a few clubs all you have to hope for is midtable.

Â