Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This again, you are correct.

IF we delve into the footballing twilight zone where the only choices are Bruce, (The past failing managers you have mentioned which literally have zero leverage in the discussion), Klopp or Guardiola, Bruce looks realistic/good.

Problem is we live in the real world where there are literally hundreds if not thousands of modern managers who could do a better job with the resources Bruce has had at his disposal.

Which leads me to repeating my old line "Take the 6 managers which have been promoted over the past 2 seasons for example, simply as a starting point".

4 or 5 of them from arguably smaller teams too!

This is one of those horrendous excuses/arguments which keeps raring its head.

It’s bizarre. The only one that is as bad is if it wasn’t for Bruce we would have done a Sunderland! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I came so close to liking this but as per the post you replied to, those subtle (or perhaps, not so subtle) undertones just shine through again.

'followers of Bruce', 'dinosaur eggs'

It's like people literally cannot help themselves.

You'll live.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bruce will get the chop there is no doubt about that. My only concern is they'll leave it to late with to many points to make up. Come the end of the season we will all be saying "if only they brought the new manager in sooner". Needs doing now or it's championship football again next season. I'm not saying a new manager would get us promoted (I know that's not a given) but I am saying Steve Bruce won't. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I came so close to liking this but as per the post you replied to, those subtle (or perhaps, not so subtle) undertones just shine through again.

'followers of Bruce', 'dinosaur eggs'

It's like people literally cannot help themselves.

You have to give us a little rope to hang ourselves with fella.

Not sure what we're meant to call them, Bremainers? Brellends!? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

Winning the battle but losing the war pretty much.

For me it's all about long term success (as in getting the h**l out of this league) and I don't see us doing that under Bruce.

And that's been the same since after that horrid spell in January 2016. After that I've been convinced we won't do it under him.

Now as much as I enjoy us winning on a fairly regular basis, in the end it means f all if we don't get promoted.

Especially since I don't enjoy watching the type of football we serve up on a fairly regular basis.

Exactly where I'm at.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I must be missing something here.Our last 5 managers have been McStupid ( who was pathetic ) P.Lambert ( who was only a little bit better ) Tim Sherwood ( who got us to the FA cup where we got thrashed ) Remi Garde ( who threw up when he realised what was needed ) Di Mateo ( who spent bucket loads of $$$ for players like Richards and McCormack ) and now we have Bruce ( who has got the dressing room together,has got us playing some decent football and got us to a play off spot last term ) and we are slagging him off.The above list does not include our tempory managers, like Eric Black. 

You have to realise that we are not hoing to get a Guardiola or a Klopp and reading the above, Bruce looks quite good to me.
I have to add that he is not my favourite choice as manager but you have to cut your cloth etc.

I'm sorry but rdm was bad enough without lumping Richard's on him that was sherwoods baby

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Parmenides had a terrible record in the Greek league which only has one real team.  And Heraclitus will never come here, you’re dreaming. 

I’m not so sure an ambulance driver would make a good manager. 

Hairy Clitoris? Very much stuck in the 70’s, much like our managers tactics. Funny someone mentioning Eric Black also, he’s a massive clearing too. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sadken79 said:

Bruce will get the chop there is no doubt about that. My only concern is they'll leave it to late with to many points to make up. Come the end of the season we will all be saying "if only they brought the new manager in sooner". Needs doing now or it's championship football again next season. I'm not saying a new manager would get us promoted (I know that's not a given) but I am saying Steve Bruce won't. 

And you then get accused of being happy to state that opinion.

18 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think, with all due respect guys, you probably don't see what I and a few others see in these posts because it largely aligns with the narrative you've bought into.

Its often subtle but it's always there, you only have to look at how many other threads get hijacked by a SB out debate to know this. 

Just today, there have been posts suggesting that the non-signing of a CB can only mean one of two things, both options were derogatory and/or sinister, as though they are the only two possible options. 

Then there's people hoping we don't sign Terry (despite the fact it would almost certainly benefit the club) on the basis that it would aid the Manager. 

It's not one or two people, it's all day every day and has been for a long time, I just don't think you see it because it feeds into what you want to see. 

Tis my view. 

It's a forum - what do you want /expect? I would imagine VT delight in this thread.

We all come here for a little light relief from the hum drum of a working day so to speak.

The managerial position will almost certainly generate the highest number of posts - I want him gone asap ( today would be just fine thanks)  but I have no problem reading your constant support of Bruce and others for this matter - I just don't understand why?

But nevertheless it makes VT go round 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Well with Terry off to Russia then you wonder if the owners have completely snubbed Bruce. Perhaps Bruce's days are more numbered than it seems. 

I'm sure he and his media chums will have a list of excuses written ready.

Â