Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

And get who?

name someone realistic who has a move impressive cv at this level than bruce

There isn't one. I think Bruce actually has the record for Championship to Premier League promotions. How about giving him a chance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

There isn't one. I think Bruce actually has the record for Championship to Premier League promotions. How about giving him a chance.

He deserves more time but I do believe Rowett would have been a better choice and the fact he has brought Agbonlahor back does make me question his judgement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

How long has Lambert been at Wolves, they were more organised and wanted more

Ok you are right. Lets sack Bruce and get Lambert in!

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He deserves more time but I do believe Rowett would have been a better choice and the fact he has brought Agbonlahor back does make me question his judgement.

Rowett really wasn't an option.

Villa fans have got a bit of a reputation these days for being impatient and quick to judge managers and going by this thread that's absolutely deserved. There are definitely things Bruce hasn't done as well as I'd like but the talk of getting rid if just madness on multiple levels.

• Like 4

As much as I'm disappointed with Bruce I'd also be disappointed if he was under pressure, shifting the dark cloud that hangs over us isn't his job alone

ross McCormack looks like he's parked up on easy street in the same way that the majority of our signings had done in the previous 3 years

however at the same time one of the factors in there being a cloud over us is currently spending 90 minutes every week jogging round mis controlling passes and getting paid £40k a week for the pleasure

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Tony is the most patient of owners from the outside and performances like that and Norwich might put him under pressure soon

Let's hope Dr X has learnt that his own judgement about managers is not that great. It's to a large part his faith in RDM - apparently based mainly on his possession of an MBA - that has placed us in the mess we now experience. He needs to give SB the chance to bring in a few players of his own and see if he can get better performances from a more sensibly balanced squad.

In my opinion any manager worth his salt would be hiring a small army of sport psychologists to live and work with each player and staff member individually for a period of time. 

They are all players that, based on form at other clubs, could play for any team in this division. We have a manager who is known for getting teams promoted. It's got to be more than just a silly curse or club mentality. 

I think he deserves more time but why the **** has he not bought anyone yet??? Whose fault is it that we are 2 weeks into January and have done nothing to counter the AFCON situation and rather than bring a new striker in he sold the only one we had left! 

I'm not yet at the point of calling for a change but the longer we go on playing like **** and playing Gabby up front, the more difficult it is to back him.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I think he deserves more time but why the **** has he not bought anyone yet??? Whose fault is it that we are 2 weeks into January and have done nothing to counter the AFCON situation and rather than bring a new striker in he sold the only one we had left! 

I'm not yet at the point of calling for a change but the longer we go on playing like **** and playing Gabby up front, the more difficult it is to back him.

I agree we should've signed someone. But who knows if that's down to Bruce, the owner or other clubs not willing to sell. Players in Jan are supposedly difficult to get so I highly doubt it's down to lack of willingness on our part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Needs to be given at least 2 windows and a year to build his type of team - it won't be pretty to watch but may be effective given time .

although we have spent big I fear many of those we signed have come for the big wages rather than desire to play for villa 

Pretty sure that's what Man City are still doing, it works tho.

Bruce is under pressure now he needs his own signings in asap.

Tshibola was taken off after 60 mins today, imagine if Gardner or Westwood start the next home game against Preston, Daniel Johnson dominates the midfield and we fail to get anything from the game i can see the crowd starting to turn.

Lansbury won't be enough we need two new CM's in before that game can score goals and create chances.

I don't buy some on here treating Lamberk like some sort of tactical mastermind. We played right into his hands and made him look good which we shouldn't have done because we should all know by now that he sets his teams up to play high press counter attacking football.

Wolves played with a high line today for a majority of the game because they could afford to, we had a fat lump of shite up front alongside a massively out of form striker with a hole in midfield with acres of space that they could just walk through from the back. h

Having Hutton and Bacuna as attacking outlets losing the ball all the time didn't help.

The clock is ticking sort it out Dr Xia please.

Edited by AshVilla

50 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

How long has Lambert been at Wolves, they were more organised and wanted more

I think at the moment every team wants it more, we seem to have this "we are Aston Villa, we are bigger then you therefore we are better" attitude, and us as fans have it too, we aren't entitled to beat anyone anymore, our heyday has well gone and we need to readjust our collective mind set and actually realise we aren't that good anymore.

• Like 2

Very worrying that he can't seem to get any real effort or organisation out of the players. What is Bruce's preferred XI or or preferred tactic or preferred formation? Who knows it seems to change every week. Find a plan and stick to it and then we can see if it's good enough. 

• Like 2

Â