Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Nor Steve Bruce's.

One inherited a mess who had won, what, 3 game in 18 months?

The point was that ppl would bring up the players not being his as an excuse. Thank you for confirming my point further 

Results and performances haven't been good lately but people need to bear a couple of things in mind:

1. These aren't his players

2. The club is totally and utterly rotten to the core. It'll potentially take years to disinfect it provided Xia keeps doing what he's doing.

Just now, Woodytom said:

The point was that ppl would bring up the players not being his as an excuse. Thank you for confirming my point further 

So which is it, poor manager or bad players? Because you lose enough sleep over slagging off all the players.

• Like 2

Soz lads but it has been apparent for a long time that we do not have a decent midfleld. I was not hopeful about tonight or the last three games for this reason - so to go and boo Bruce for a team he is yet to buy players for apart from GK, it's just a bit stupid. 

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

Results and performances haven't been good lately but people need to bear a couple of things in mind:

2. The club is totally and utterly rotten to the core. It'll potentially take years to disinfect it provided Xia keeps doing what he's doing.

Johnstone, Elphick, Chester, Jedinak, Tshibola, McCormack, Adomah - over 50% of that starting line-up is new this season.  The club isn't "rotten to the core" - that performance was, though.

It doesn't matter if they are "his players" or not, we need to be better than that.  A good manager would manage it.  As I say, I'm not against Bruce but we've got to show something other than.... whatever the **** that was and whatever the hell we've been doing over the past few games.

• Like 2

I'm sure Bruce would've loved to have had a striker in to replace Gestede by now but it's not as simple as that in January. Could be any number of reasons why we haven't, but we are not privy to that information, if all the thousand of Villa fans think, I can assure you a former international player and fairly successful manager will also be thinking it! Cmon guys, use your loafs. 

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Give me Paul lambert's dross over this crock of shit I'm watching each week anyday.

I wouldn't have Lambert back under any circumstances. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Johnstone, Elphick, Chester, Jedinak, Tshibola, McCormack, Adomah - over 50% of that starting line-up is new this season.  The club isn't "rotten to the core" - that performance was, though.

It doesn't matter if they are "his players" or not, we need to be better than that.  A good manager would manage it.  As I say, I'm not against Bruce but we've got to show something other than.... whatever the **** that was and whatever the hell we've been doing over the past few games.

It is. I'm not trying to excuse the performance because it was awful and everyone involved should be **** ashamed but the club really is rotten - has been for at least 5 years now. We're not in quite the state we were a year ago but there's still a massive psychological drag on the club.

And yes it does matter with regards to the players. We've got a terrible midfield and you can't really do much without at least a competent midfield.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Exactly this. 

We are shit at the minute, we all agree on that, but Bruce needs to time to weed out the rotten apples and buy his team. This is a man with 4 promotions from this league. He knows what to do. He just needs time to do it. 

• Like 2

Not being defeatist here lads but i think this evening is the time we finally have to resign ourselves to the fact that we won't be promoted this season. We aren't going on an any run, I know that and you all do too. Gap is too big and we're showing nothing.

• Like 1

Â