Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It is. I'm not trying to excuse the performance because it was awful and everyone involved should be **** ashamed but the club really is rotten - has been for at least 5 years now. We're not in quite the state we were a year ago but there's still a massive psychological drag on the club.

And yes it does matter with regards to the players. We've got a terrible midfield and you can't really do much without at least a competent midfield.

Explain how the club is rotten please?  What is rotten about it right now?

Yes, we have a terrible midfield.  However, I actually thought Bacuna was our best player today.  Upfront, we were garbage.  The tactics seemed to be to play long balls to Agbonlahor and McCormack - players without height and pace.  Superb!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Explain how the club is rotten please?  What is rotten about it right now?

Yes, we have a terrible midfield.  However, I actually thought Bacuna was our best player today.  Upfront, we were garbage.  The tactics seemed to be to play long balls to Agbonlahor and McCormack - players without height and pace.  Superb!

Where have you been for the last few years? The whole club from the players, through the management and into the fans has been shrouded in gloom for ages. It's not tangible and it's only one of many reasons (the main being we don't have good enough players in certain positions) but it's definitely a factor.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

So which is it, poor manager or bad players? Because you lose enough sleep over slagging off all the players.

My point is..... and has been for a few weeks (despite ridicule) is that while the players need improving they are NOT as bad as what we have just watched or what we watched v Norwich, Cardiff, Leeds etc. And despite ridicule again, results (a few weeks ago) really did mask performance. 

Dire.... and whilst the players are clearly not good enough to get promoted... I'm questioning (that's all) whether the manager is good enough.

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Exactly this. 

We are shit at the minute, we all agree on that, but Bruce needs to time to weed out the rotten apples and buy his team. This is a man with 4 promotions from this league. He knows what to do. He just needs time to do it. 

This

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Our away form and "performances" are a joke.

As much as I like Steve Bruce he's presided over more poor ones than RDM has this season.

It's a massive issue for us and we won't be anywhere near the top 6 until we correct it.

Yes performances have been worse under Bruce. Its not just the lack of quality in the squad. One has to ask questions about the coaching! The lack of quality in the football and lack of chances created.

We're looking now like we did under McLeish, Lambert and Garde. Absolutely **** shit.

You would think by pure chance we would actually play well under someone. There is NOTHING fun about supporting this sorry joker of a team.

Just now, Woodytom said:

My point is..... and has been for a few weeks (despite ridicule) is that while the players need improving they are NOT as bad as what we have just watched or what we watched v Norwich, Cardiff, Leeds etc. And despite ridicule again, results (a few weeks ago) really did mask performance. 

Dire.... and whilst the players are clearly not good enough to get promoted... I'm questioning (that's all) whether the manager is good enough.

Hull City say hi.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Where have you been for the last few years? The whole club from the players, through the management and into the fans has been shrouded in gloom for ages. It's not tangible and it's only one of many reasons (the main being we don't have good enough players in certain positions) but it's definitely a factor.

Yes, the last few years have been rotten.  We've gotten rid of the owner, the majority of the affected players and have had a whole heap of changes this season from top to bottom.  So, as I say, please explain why we're currently "rotten to the core"?  I don't get it.

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

We're looking now like we did under McLeish, Lambert and Garde. Absolutely **** shit.

You would think by pure chance we would actually play well under someone. There is NOTHING fun about supporting this sorry joker of a team.

plz stop then, ta!

I can accept poor football and even odd selections, but Brucie has been here a while now and we have yet to show any coherent pattern, ( one of the strengths of Bruce I would have thought).

Additionally we show a lack of fight and energy, again, not things I associate with Bruce.

(Lambert's side showed all these things, and havecdone since he arrived.)

For me whilst he can't affect players ability he can, and should, address these things. There is more energy in a couple of those youngsters than in some who start, for one thing.

Also it is odd that a side that struggles to score never tried, and now never will try, a couple out wide with Rudy up top.

All the misgivings i had about him worryingly seem to be coming to the fore. Piss poor, kick and rush and football, hoping to nick tight 1-0 wins, 'veteran' players like Gabby persisted with because they were decent once.

15 league games under Bruce, just 16 goals. And yes the points per game might be ok, but 8 of those 15 games games have been against teams 16th or lower, so we should be getting points off them. Several of those games we have scraped wins with late goals out of nothing from the likes of Grealish.

Norwich hadn't kept a clean sheet in ages when we played them - we don't get a shot on target. Cardiff had 1 clean sheet all season, make that 2 after we played them. Wolves no clean sheet in 10 up till today.

There are clear issues with this squad, but not to be so bad in terms of the basics. We must be one of the worst teams in the whole league at passing and movement. What does Bruce do on the training pitch?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I'm off out, so i'll make this quick - Bruce out.

Give it a month more of this and I'm there. You cant say two missing players makes that much if a difference. Utter garbage as it has been for most of Bruces reign only now we havent eked out fortunate results. Performances are coming home to roost. I'll give him the window but honestly if we're not improving by March might as well.find someone competent to reboot and plan for next season. SB can be as honest as he likes in the interviews but if he has to say the same line every week maybe he's just not very good? He's becoming a disappointment

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Â