Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

SB can be as honest as he likes in the interviews but if he has to say tge same line every week maybe he's just not very good?

His record in this league says otherwise. 

Yes, it is painful at the minute, but I still believe he is the right man to get us out of this division. Not this season, but next. 

We can't just keep changing managers and backroom staff. 

• Like 2

I get the idea of going for experience and stuff, but when our experience is Hutton and Gabby, honestly, you should be sacked for even considering using them. Under RDM, I at least was a little bit entertained, I saw that we were unlucky (though he deserved the sack and we should have sued him for wasting so much money). How Gabby and McCormack both played 90mins is just stupid. When you lack attackers, the answer is not to throw all of them on. Long ball tactics with Gabby and McCormack up top, makes sense. His decision making on subs are awful and he always reacts to late, his tactics have been awful.

The only comment I had about Bruce before we got him was that he would start using Gabby, which he did. He likes his old English/British players, I am sick to the bone of using our same awful players every game, rather see him put some youngsters on. Green outshone all our attacking players after coming on, even Davis without even being close to touching the ball played better than McCormack and Gabby. Create a bombsquad, our season is over, we won't go up, we most likely won't go down, put Hutton, Gabby, McCormack, Westwood, Gardner (should also be sacked for giving him a new and improved contract) and co. in, never to be used again. Try playing a bit attacking, rather be entertained a little bit and lose 2-0 than bored and losing 1-0. 

I don't like Bruce and knew that this was what was going to happen. Though I'll defend with that the squad is awful, but any manager with any decent sense would already have signed multiple players, before the window even opened. p.s Davis scored more goals last U23 match than Gabby has managed in his last 36 or 37 appearances.

3 minutes ago, andym said:

All the misgivings i had about him worryingly seem to be coming to the fore. Piss poor, kick and rush and football, hoping to nick tight 1-0 wins, 'veteran' players like Gabby persisted with because they were decent once.

15 league games under Bruce, just 16 goals. And yes the points per game might be ok, but 8 of those 15 games games have been against teams 16th or lower, so we should be getting points off them. Several of those games we have scraped wins with late goals out of nothing from the likes of Grealish.

Norwich hadn't kept a clean sheet in ages when we played them - we don't get a shot on target. Cardiff had 1 clean sheet all season, make that 2 after we played them. Wolves no clean sheet in 10 up till today.

There are clear issues with this squad, but not to be so bad in terms of the basics. We must be one of the worst teams in the whole league at passing and movement. What does Bruce do on the training pitch?

That's a very fair post raising justifiable concerns IMO.

I don't expect miracles, I know our recent history, but in 5 minutes Lambert ( for example) has created a specific style for Wolves. The only really ' style' we seem to have developed under Bruce is being a bit harder to beat and a bit more resilience. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Give it a month more of this and I'm there. You cant say two.missing players makes that much if a difference. Utter garbage as it has been for most of Bruces reign only.now we havent eked out fortunate results. Performances are coming home to roost. I'll give him tge window but honestly if we're not improving by March might as well.find someone competent to reboot and plan for next season. SB can be as honest as he likes in the interviews but if he has to say tge same line every week maybe he's just not very good? He's becoming a disappointment

The team is poor. It's why they were poor under RDM, it's why they're poor now. Bruce is a better manager, which is why results have improved. But our best 2 attacking players aren't here, so it's hardly surprising things are now worse without them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Not true. Lansbury and Hourihane come in, and Kodija back and we are a different team.

Every area of the team needs improvement as Bruce has just saiD himself . 

There are not 8 good players here now if you thInk 3 wiLl be enough .

Even wIth kodija we are stiLl  well off the top pack

• Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

I think this is blind panic. We are mid championship table and we will pick up some players that we badly need and we will improve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can't understand questioning the manager at the moment.

He's made mistakes and can obviously be criticised for them, but talking about binning him or questioning the choice is stupid. He's using a half baked squad that started badly, and in coming in but results to make us in the conversation to be promoted.

It'll take more than the current problems to say he needs to go. Playing Gabby isn't a hanging offence.

I disagree, you have to be a complete moron for playing Gabby. But, I agree that we can not keep on sacking managers. 
But getting a result in the beginning, is what just about every manager does. Hell even Garde got a 0-0 on his debut vs Man City with a worse squad than we have this season. I'll judge Bruce on the football we are playing and since day one our football has been awful and just about every decent result we have got so far, we have been lucky.

Edited by Chicken Field

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Well the 3 will help. We're not going up this year IMO. End up mid table. 

Then a summer rebuild (our annual thing now!) and go for it next season. 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

plz stop then, ta!

17 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

We're looking now like we did under McLeish, Lambert and Garde. Absolutely **** shit.

You would think by pure chance we would actually play well under someone. There is NOTHING fun about supporting this sorry joker of a team.

People can say its no fun and continue to support the team.

There may be no fun in your marriage, but you won't leave your wife.

Saying Villa are fuckng shit and that it's no fun doesn't mean people will stop supporting. 42,000 against Button say hello!

Edited by Don_Simon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can't understand questioning the manager at the moment.

He's made mistakes and can obviously be criticised for them, but talking about binning him or questioning the choice is stupid. He's using a half baked squad that started badly, and in coming in but results to make us in the conversation to be promoted.

It'll take more than the current problems to say he needs to go. Playing Gabby isn't a hanging offence.

People are just emotional after a derby loss. No one could realistically want to go through changing a manager again so soon, particularly in the middle of a transfer window. 

our tactics today was awful and that stops with manager. McCormack, Gabby partnership offered nothing. midfield again still a problem and he has to make signings this week or it wont get prettier

not first game recently that we havent tested the opposition keeper

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Well the 3 will help. We're not going up this year IMO. End up mid table. 

Then a summer rebuild (our annual thing now!) and go for it next season. 

Three now and 3 or 4in the summer and see how we go next season - agreed . 

• Like 1

The only one to blame for this mess is di Matteo. Our worst manager ever. How can you irresponsibly go into a season with a midfield that is league one standard???

he wasted almost 15m on McCormack when he could have invested that more wisely. Bruce deserves a chance to bring players he can trust. There is no doubt a majority of these losers he can't trust as they are bottlers with no passion. We were told we were after leaders  in the summer, where the hell are they???

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Sack him in the summer, job too big for the ex-blue nose.

And get who?

name someone realistic who has a move impressive cv at this level than bruce

to say this job is too big fir him is quite embarrassing 

• Like 2

Â