Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I'd like to apologise. I backed Bruce I thought he'd steady the ship and get us in the playoffs. I never thought straight up. The style of football is light years behind where we need to be to be promoted but worryingly, it's light years behind where weed need to be if we got promoted.

I was wrong, he's a dinosaur, he's signed dinosaurs. He needs to go. 

• Like 3

Brentford were everything we never are tonight and actually the last time we played away too. Energy tempo, pressure, talking, moving the ball, players moving of the ball. Basically every manager in the league seems more forward thinking than Bruce. I remember last year when we played Brentford thinking I’ve never seen a side be put under less pressure until tonight. We are so bad and this guy is such a poor manager. 

He has to go and so should round and wyness for their lazy approach to trying to run this club. A **** joke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Lost the game before kick off with an atrocious line up.

Should have had Elmo at RB, Hutton at left LB ( he is better there and better than Taylor ), Elphick should have been left at home, Whelan and Jedinak together was too negative, Hogan is a total waste of space. I don't think Grealish should be starting either, we are more balanced without him but Bruce is determined to start him even though it doesn't work.

Grealish was the only bright spark

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I hate our team under him but I still have no idea who we could replace him with. I'm kind of giving up now and I'm resigned to being in this shithole of a division for a long time.

I've hated our team under the last 7 or 8 managers!

I have no idea who could come in to the club. We keep making the wrong appointment. 

1 minute ago, Fowlersrs said:

I truly believe this will only change when we inevitably fail to get promoted this year, bruce will then lose his job. 

Only then we will have a mass clear out, find a manager who can work with youth and build it up. Id prefer to see Davis, RHM, Green, Ohare, Lydden take the villa forward now.

If you think RHM, Green, Ohare, Davis and Lyden will take us forward then I think you will end up disappointed.

Just now, Danishlad said:

442 with Jedinak and Whelan in midfield??

Dear oh dear. 

Couldn't believe the starting line up.

it was like watching Xavi and Iniesta in there pomp

playing for Brentford

• Like 1

Will be shocked if Brentford don't finish above us. We're proper **** not getting out of Championship now. 3 more teams that go up and come down will have money to burn over us. It was around about a year ago it dawned on me that Bruce, who I never wanted, would never get us anywhere. Now he's spunked loads of money on old and terrible players, some he doesn't even use. Tired of arguing with happy clappers on FB who keep repeating "only x losses" and think supporting a shit manager makes you a good fan. 

We are proper ****. No doubt about it. 

• Like 2

I go back to that comment earlier in the season about fans hysterical reaction. He lost me there forever..... now that comment makes him look right stupid.

I don't dislike you Bruce but as our manager the time has come....

GTFO NOW

Edited by Villan_of_oz

I want Smith in but I don't for a second think lads that he'll come in and we'll play free flowing football a week later. Be honest enough to admit it doesn't work like that. What excites me is that it would show vision. A plan.  O'Hare, McKirdy,  Doyle-hayes , Mitchell Clark will get to develop as proper footballers. Training would improve.  It would have purpose relating to match day. That's clearly lacking. That's what I want for the villa. All well and good scraping up playing like this, we'll go straight back down.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Will be shocked if Brentford don't finish above us. We're proper **** not getting out of Championship now. 3 more teams that go up and come down will have money to burn over us. It was around about a year ago it dawned on me that Bruce, who I never wanted, would never get us anywhere. Now he's spunked loads of money on old and terrible players, some he doesn't even use. Tired of arguing with happy clappers on FB who keep repeating "only x losses" and think supporting a shit manager makes you a good fan. 

We are proper ****. No doubt about it. 

In fairness, we've outspent most in the league and look where that's gotten us.

Â