Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, villianusa said:

It is key the two centermids stick together and move in all directions as a unit. If they get pulled apart it could be trouble.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Jedinak offers nothing against a young energetic brentford midfield 

This

28 minutes ago, villianusa said:

I have played this formation with teams I have coached and it can be a negative or aggressive line up. I have played it where the front four don't come back unless any of the opponents back four come forward. Push the wide players on and make the fullbacks think about going forward. Play the attaching mid close to the forward and have them two work together to stop the two center halves moving forward,

It is key the two centermids stick together and move in all directions as a unit. If they get pulled apart it could be trouble.

But if it has to work, you need to defensive mids, who can pass the ball forward and neither Whelan or Jedinak are particularly good at it

Why is he not trying to win this game? He is clearly happy with a draw but we are desperate for 3 points. The only time we applied pressure we scored. Lesson there surely. I like Steve, he is a really good bloke. I really want him to do well but he is too negative. We should be waltzing around like peacocks on heat in this league but under Bruce we are nothing more than a collective of feral pigeons!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why is he not trying to win this game? He is clearly happy with a draw but we are desperate for 3 points. The only time we applied pressure we scored. Lesson there surely. I like Steve, he is a really good bloke. I really want him to do well but he is too negative. We should be waltzing around like peacocks on heat in this league but under Bruce we are nothing more than a collective of feral pigeons!

They are a much better team then us. Go for it and they will pick us a part with ease with their movement.

I know what you mean though. It's very sad to watch. 

If they have any ambition to get promoted this season, then he has to be sacked tomorrow.

Yes he's had injury problems, but we just do not play well on anywhere near a consistent enough basis to win promotion. You can't scrap out the 35-40 results you need for that.

I've got to the point now where i'm past caring.

Bruce should have been sacked the end of last season and it's farcical that he's still manager.

Dr Tony has wasted millions and thanks to his naivety in trusting those who back Bruce were going to be stuck down here for years when the parachute money runs out.

He has only himself to blame.

Â