Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I'm okay with him getting the next two fixtures, as I doubt a caretaker is going to do any better. But unless there's significant improvement in those two games he should be sacked. Playoffs has to be the minimum expectation and we just don't look like scoring enough from open play. 

• Like 1

We are so poor it’s not even funny.

Bruce has been here what, two years?  I still don’t know how he wants us to play, it’s just Dire.

should have gone at the start of the season, as someone said earlier, we are stuck in this division for a while

What can I say that has not already been said? We were given ANOTHER footballing lesson by the mighty Brentford. 

3 points out of 15. 

Terrible.

Bruce's ineptitude was partially covered up last season by Kodjia's goals, and this season by Adomah's. He has to go. No clue. Our "team" looks lost. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

He is done. I have sat on the fence with Bruce and have in fact probably gone too far in defending him but that was the straw that broke the camels back for me tonight.

He had choices tonight to go with a balance side, defensive or attacking and he went defensive. Hutton or Elmo at right back he chose Hutton. Two from Jedi, Whelan or Hourihane and he went ultra defensive and Jedi and Whelan. Go with two up top or one and an attacking mid behind and he went with the latter. Every selection was made with defense the priority in the Championship against Brentford who cost about a 10th of the cost of our squad and have a wage bill that wouldn't cover the cost of our six highest paid players.

It was also noticeable how Brentford played with a game plan. How they mixed their corners and set pieces up while we were so predictable.

Bruce has had a fair crack of the whip but we are only fractionally further forward than when he arrived and that is perhaps even debatable. Time to start again unfortunately.

I don't think people who have backed Bruce should feel they were wrong. Everyone has just stood by their beliefs. 

But now you have changed your view, I personally welcome you to the dark side...

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

We are so poor it’s not even funny.

Bruce has been here what, two years?  I still don’t know how he wants us to play, it’s just Dire.

should have gone at the start of the season, as someone said earlier, we are stuck in this division for a while

I think it is more like 4 months. You are hysterical. :ph34r:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm okay with him getting the next two fixtures, as I doubt a caretaker is going to do any better. But unless there's significant improvement in those two games he should be sacked. Playoffs has to be the minimum expectation and we just don't look like scoring enough from open play. 

That's where I'm at too. 

My biggest worry is who can come in and do the job well, though. It's a hard job with specific requirements and I can't think of  someone who is a big enough name, can deal well with pressure and expectation and can organise a balanced side well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

No Steve Bruce do and Keith Wyness agree with you. But that’s about it. 

With two matches in such a short space of time, and in fairness us still knocking on the door of the play-offs, I don't think there's an absolutely urgent need to replace Bruce. This conversation would be much tempered if Glen Whelan cleared that ball at the edge of the box.

Should we replace him? 90% yes. Could he still do enough to get us to the playoffs this season? 70% yes

If Bruce doesn't get four points from the next two games, I think he should go. If he gets six points from the next two games, then maybe we should still replace him and get someone new in for January. But the advantage of getting someone in this week? Pretty minimal, I think.

• Like 2

Â