Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Problem  is after a year and a bit we have no gameplan. Keep it tight and nick one from a set-piece or a piece of individual play

no passing moves or variation. Its dreadful

Everytime I think back to our pre season games. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

Can someone get a camera on our training pitch and tell me what we do. PLEASE.

I have seen some shit teams and some shit footballers but I have never seen a side as poor as we are at moving the ball, holding it, creating chances for strikers.

It is the worst I have ever seen. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he was sacked who would Villa go for? Would they do a better job of what we have got? Is yet another mid season change of manager a good idea- this would be for the 4th season in succession?  Would someone like Gary Monk do any better? Anyway I will doubt they will sack him, the board have invested too much in him to let him go.

Bruce has best squad he can' manage at all get a guy or girl from Street do a better job

Just now, Mantis said:

Not disagreeing with that at all.

Either way, we need to move into the 21st century and get a proper scouting system set up instead of going for the usual overpriced dross.

I've been saying that since MON. Didn't Lerner want DOF and MON refused to work with one?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well i would say you have two games to savw your job. This recent form is totally unacceptable

This ‘recent form’ is simply what we’ve done since he arrived.

A few rare decent performances, some ‘resilient’ wins, and a whole pile of crap in between.

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's where I'm at too. 

My biggest worry is who can come in and do the job well, though. It's a hard job with specific requirements and I can't think of  someone who is a big enough name, can deal well with pressure and expectation and can organise a balanced side well. 

I certainly agree that there's no obvious candidate. However, I suppose you can think of ways in which that might ultimately work in our favour. After all, Bruce was the obvious choice, and if he hasn't failed as badly as some on here make out, he also hasn't done well enough. Maybe being forced into a deeper search, or off the beaten track in some way, might help us. 

Of course, we might just go and hire someone completely shit instead. 

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he was sacked who would Villa go for? Would they do a better job of what we have got? Is yet another mid season change of manager a good idea- this would be for the 4th season in succession?  Would someone like Gary Monk do any better? Anyway I will doubt they will sack him, the board have invested too much in him to let him go.

Dean Smith and backroom staff with a long term plan to change the whole playing philosophy of the team and the personnel.

Remit - consolidation this year with promotion next season or the season after. 

Basically time to start all over again. 

• Like 4

Â