PieFacE

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was walking to the game and checked the score on Bet365 app. Saw Arsenal had a red and thought before checking "I bet Xhaka has done something stupid...."

That's part of why Arsenal are in such a mess. They'll sack Arteta in around a month and then new manager will decide Xhaka isn't for him. They'll just then have to keep loaning him out as he's just signed new 4 year deal.

Bit like when we gave Gabby the same deal and then other managers came in and tried to get rid of him, there's simply no joined up thinking at that club anymore and they've had average players like Holding and Calum Chambers there for years without improving.

Xhaka really is the epitome of what Arsenal have become.

• Like 2

Xhaka at least does things occasionally.

They played all of Chambers, Kolasinac, Holding and Cedric in defence today. If any of those were turning out for a bottom-half Championship side they wouldn't look out of place. Two players that Southampton decided they could manage without about half a decade ago, a guy they signed from Bolton who's never been up to it, and a guy they loaned out last season who is more notable for dubious underworld connections than for footballing ability. It's just an embarrassment to think you could turn up to Man City playing even one or two of those, let alone *four*. I actually don't know to what extent this is Arteta's fault, or Edu's, or both of them or someone else or whatever, but it's plainly not anything close to good enough.

• Like 3

On 24/08/2021 at 02:18, Dave-R said:

I just spotted this onthe net from an Arsenal fan throwing a proper wobbly and I must say its cracked me up 🤣😂

Pssst....You are now 20th.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

They'll be fine. They'll go on a run now until they meet the next big club which is 22nd October. 

Yeah, it’s fun to laugh at them and losing 2-0 to Brentford wasn’t great but their last two losses were against Chelsea and Man City who most teams will be losing to this season. They’ll be fine unfortunately.

Looks like they'll be rid of Willian and his remaining £20m contract. Being reported that he's agreed to terminate it and move home to Brazil and Corithians on a free.

That's a shame.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Looks like they'll be rid of Willian and his remaining £20m contract. Being reported that he's agreed to terminate it and move home to Brazil and Corithians on a free.

That's a shame.

He'd be getting fully paid up just like the rest of them.

Don't worry they've still got players like Cedric on 4 year 70k contracts. Holding not long signed  new deal. Mari of course. Xhaka will be getting paid up when the next guy comes in too.

Oh and a 30m back up goalkeeper on about 70 bags too.

4 hours ago, Jono62 said:

They'll be fine. They'll go on a run now until they meet the next big club which is 22nd October. 

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah, it’s fun to laugh at them and losing 2-0 to Brentford wasn’t great but their last two losses were against Chelsea and Man City who most teams will be losing to this season. They’ll be fine unfortunately.

I'll tell you one thing, they're gonna struggle against attacks a lot more modest than Chelsea and Man City have if they persist in playing the likes of Holding, Cedric and Chambers all season.

This is a big 48 hours in the transfer market for them IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Wouldn't wanna seat next to him 

And how would you rate your Uber driver for this journey?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm guessing it will make it worse if Spurs win today and there's a situation where after three games Spurs have nine points and haven't conceded while Arsenal have no points and haven't scored.

Bingo

Â