PieFacE

Just now, Don_Simon said:

I dont think anyone is saying there is anything the matter with it. Please point out if that's been stated or inferred and I'm happy to correct myself.

My comment was more how sad it is that it’s made it’s way here in a way that it’s supposed to make the club look bad I guess. I’m not saying it’s a common everyday occurrence but I’m 100% sure that people still have sex at work. So why is that post made in a ‘shock horror’ type way is what I’m guessing at. 

I would absolutely amazed if it was true too

Its blatantly made up in an attempt to demean the club as banter because having gay players would be a reason to laugh at them 

Don't get me wrong it would be shocking and would definitely be worth some posts in discussion but that tweet is laced with homophobia 

I posted the screenshot here as a couple of Arsenal supporting friends sent it to me.

It wasn't posted in any way to make Arsenal look "bad". In what has an unusual start to the season for them, this would add to that unusual nature. Many people have sex at work, I have on occasion, but that is maybe for the off topic @irreverentad therapy group. 

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

My comment was more how sad it is that it’s made it’s way here in a way that it’s supposed to make the club look bad I guess. I’m not saying it’s a common everyday occurrence but I’m 100% sure that people still have sex at work. So why is that post made in a ‘shock horror’ type way is what I’m guessing at. 

While the act isnt a problem its because regardless of whether it happens in other places its unprofessional conduct at an already unprofessional looking club in the middle of a crisis.  

2 minutes ago, Nicho said:

While the act isnt a problem its because regardless of whether it happens in other places its unprofessional conduct at an already unprofessional looking club in the middle of a crisis.  

Whilst I agree... That tweet is not targetting a lack of professionalism is it? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Originating from an Arab poster where I'd guess homosexuality is a big no no and would be massively damaging to them in that region which is the saddest part of that false story 

Potential new owners from that region 😉

21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Am I missing something here? So say that has happened for a fact, what exactly is the matter with that? No one shags at work? Or is it because it appears to be by two men? 

Even if it was male and female it would be a scandal if was at the training ground and not at home or a hotel

A number of female players are in a relationship with team mates. Its not a problem but stuff happening on club premises is

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Until there's some evidence of this from something other than a rando Twitter account, it's not really worth talking about.

If VT lived by this rule, there would be very, very little to discuss.

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

If VT lived by this rule, there would be very, very little to discuss.

What is there to 'discuss' about this? We have no idea if it happened or if it's some bloke making a dumb (and homophobic) joke.

I imagine if true (I assume it’s not) then it’s possibly the first inter-club same sex relationship in men’s football worldwide. 
It would be world news.

Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, but there would be a lot of interest in the story.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bellerin to Betis, how the mighty have fallen. Wasnt he club captain at one stage

I assume they're signing a right back today? They're surely not going to rotate the position between Chambers and Cedric all season?

EDIT: To answer my own question, they seem to have signed a Japanese guy from Bologna who can play there. Hope he's good, because they have jack shit else in that position.

Edited by HanoiVillan

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume they're signing a right back today? They're surely not going to rotate the position between Chambers and Cedric all season?

They are supposed be signing Tomiyasu who is more of a centre back but can play on the right

• Like 1

Whos' been the best ever Japanese defender to play in europe? That Nagatomo guy at Inter a few years back? Sakai who was at Marseille for a few years? Yoshida was o.k at Southampton I guess.

Guess I'm just lazy given his nationality but guessing he's about 5ft 7 so likes of Burnley will just move Wood into his area when they're hitting in long crosses to pin him in the box.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Whos' been the best ever Japanese defender to play in europe? That Nagatomo guy at Inter a few years back? Sakai who was at Marseille for a few years? Yoshida was o.k at Southampton I guess.

Guess I'm just lazy given his nationality but guessing he's about 5ft 7 so likes of Burnley will just move Wood into his area when they're hitting in long crosses to pin him in the box.

He is 6ft2

Hasebe probably though he doesn't always play centre back

• Like 1

Arsenal look like they are in big trouble.

Weak squad, over paying on players, unhappy players speaking publicly, poor form, bottom of the league, rookie manager.

What a mess. They’ll probably sack Arteta after the next next loss and leave the new manager several months away from a transfer window. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Arsenal look like they are in big trouble.

Weak squad, over paying on players, unhappy players speaking publicly, poor form, bottom of the league, rookie manager.

What a mess. They’ll probably sack Arteta after the next next loss and leave the new manager several months away from a transfer window. 

The concern shown by some for Arsenal is commendable. I didn't realise Arsenal football club has some much affection amongst our fanbase. 😉

• Confused 1

Â