PieFacE

I dont think Arteta get such an easy time by the media its more Arsenal are not so relevant anymore compared to the Wenger and start of Emery reign because the fans thought wenger was holding them back 😂

If any manager in the Premier League gets an easy ride after Bruce, its definitely Frank Lampard though his team has recently picked up

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Couple of claims in here that are a bit '[citation needed]' to be honest. I can't say I've seen anyone saying anything vaguely close to 'Arteta is the messiah'.

Really? Roy Keane brought it up last week on sky “Seems Arteta is the messiah” all the other pundits where talking him up , pathetic really they won agains Man Utd with a penalty,  talksport talk him up all the time bar Adrian Durham who calls him Unai Arteta

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Really? Roy Keane brought it up last week on sky “Seems Arteta is the messiah” all the other pundits where talking him up , pathetic really they won agains Man Utd with a penalty,  talksport talk him up all the time bar Adrian Durham who calls him Unai Arteta

Okay, fair enough. I don't really watch Sky or listen to Talksport so I accept you know more on that.

However, in the media I consume, I have not seen him portrayed as 'the messiah' or anything close to it.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Couple of claims in here that are a bit '[citation needed]' to be honest. I can't say I've seen anyone saying anything vaguely close to 'Arteta is the messiah'.

Indeed.  Plus Rodgers and Hassenhuttl are (rightly) getting a lot of praise.  

Arteta seems to be getting an easier ride from fans than Dracula as they called him. They are really negative and don't really create too many chances. Every game I've seen them in was an absolute borefest.

Setting up like Steve Bruce at home to Villa is shameful. Seems like he's more worried about not getting beat than winning, which you'd understand if he was managing West Brom or something, but Arsenal? Come on.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

:mellow:

I've never seen anything AFTV have ever done. But I decided to watch a few bits today after hearing they're a bit of a joke.

Christ.

Christ.

They must have produced double figures of videos off a single game. And what a parade of idiots they have. They've got a snarling Nosferatu, a walking stereotype of the stupid blowhard football fan, a toff...

**** hell.

'White Yardie', had to Google him but apparently he's a comedian and can only assume that's the reason he's talking like that! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Okay, fair enough. I don't really watch Sky or listen to Talksport so I accept you know more on that.

However, in the media I consume, I have not seen him portrayed as 'the messiah' or anything close to it.

Henry Winter loves him. Can't put the articles up with Times behind the paywall.

Ultimately he took over mid season when they weren't in great shape but were only 6 points off 4th. Man. United and Spurs were two points clear of them yet both finished the season comfortably ahead while Arsenal just about finished 8th (were 10th on the morning of final games).

From what I've seen so far of them this season they will struggle to finish higher than last season. Olympiakos also dumped them out of europa.

They do have a weird ability to peak in the FA cup though.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

:mellow:

I've never seen anything AFTV have ever done. But I decided to watch a few bits today after hearing they're a bit of a joke.

Christ.

Christ.

They must have produced double figures of videos off a single game. And what a parade of idiots they have. They've got a snarling Nosferatu, a walking stereotype of the stupid blowhard football fan, a toff...

**** hell.

Where the hell is White Yardie from?? 🤣

5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Any news on the amount AFTV will be fined after breaking national lockdown rules, in order to swear at a camera about their football team?

No, thought not.

It did amuse me that they were all sat watching the game on chairs that were sat squarely within the taped safe zones on the floor and then after the game, they’re stood right next to each other. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Henry Winter loves him. Can't put the articles up with Times behind the paywall.

Ultimately he took over mid season when they weren't in great shape but were only 6 points off 4th. Man. United and Spurs were two points clear of them yet both finished the season comfortably ahead while Arsenal just about finished 8th (were 10th on the morning of final games).

From what I've seen so far of them this season they will struggle to finish higher than last season. Olympiakos also dumped them out of europa.

They do have a weird ability to peak in the FA cup though.

Henry Winter said Guardiola arrivibg would revolutionise English football forever. He is hoping on Arteta for his prediction to be right

I think Arsenal dont press well and in midfield dont have much creative quality which was a main part of Wenger teams

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nath182 said:

'White Yardie', had to Google him but apparently he's a comedian and can only assume that's the reason he's talking like that! 

If you Googled him, you'll find it's just his voice and how he speaks - nothing to do with being a comedian.

Funny how people struggle with white people sounding that way, isn't it?  (and vice-versa with black people, to an extent)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

If you Googled him, you'll find it's just his voice and how he speaks - nothing to do with being a comedian.

Funny how people struggle with white people sounding that way, isn't it?  (and vice-versa with black people, to an extent)

Fair enough, when I googled I didn't look into his background so yeah I'll hold my hands up for stereotyping here.

Â