PieFacE

He's come into one of the top jobs in the country with zero managerial experience. if OGS was a strange pick than Arteta is even stranger. I didn't watch it tonight but he has one of the best strikers in the world and he plays him out wide and hes not scoring. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

He's come into one of the top jobs in the country with zero managerial experience. if OGS was a strange pick than Arteta is even stranger. I didn't watch it tonight but he has one of the best strikers in the world and he plays him out wide and hes not scoring. 

Friend of Pep so automatically a great coach according to some. 

I have seen people on here bang on about him when we need a new manager or Smith was under pressure

Are Arsenal still investigating themselves for what they deem as overpaying for one of their own players? That’ll surely boost his confidence.

No offence lad, but we made a bit of a mistake paying what we did because we thought you were better than you actually are.

Its strange really that the new breed of coaches insist on a style of play as soon as they come into a club, often when the bulk of the squad can't play that style. They then demand huge amounts of money to rebuild the team, but often the  head coaches often now are not given the time to finish off the 'project. Rinse and then repeat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its strange really that the new breed of coaches insist on a style of play as soon as they come into a club, often when the bulk of the squad can't play that style. They then demand huge amounts of money to rebuild the team, but often the  head coaches often now are not given the time to finish off the 'project. Rinse and then repeat.

Three oftens? That's VERY often!

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Arteta has the right ideas. That whole squad is full of wet dishcloths and it's a tough job trying to turn them round.

What ideas are these? I've watched a few of their games recently and have no idea what they are trying to do. They aren't solid at the back, they can't keep the ball, they have little threat going forward, they've dished out big contracts to aging players, the most gifted midfielder isn't registered in the squad and they sold us their best goalkeeper. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

What ideas are these? I've watched a few of their games recently and have no idea what they are trying to do. They aren't solid at the back, they can't keep the ball, they have little threat going forward, they've dished out big contracts to aging players, the most gifted midfielder isn't registered in the squad and they sold us their best goalkeeper. 

They looked good 2nd half.

to be fair you look at arteta as a player, you think that he did his badges whilst with wenger and then worked with pep, everything about him is how arsenal would like to play football

i really believe that they are a much better version of what we were under lerner, no gives a ****, kroenke at the very top doesn't give a shit about them, they're just existing, slowly declining, the main difference being they can still throw out a big name signing every now and then to suggest that they're competing...and the players know it, not one of them can claim to be playing at 100% bar maybe saka, most of them are embarrassing

they need yet another overhaul behind the scenes, whoever is in charge of transfers and contracts should be out the door (which would mean they'd need their 3rd or 4th one since wenger left)

i personally think the only thing they have going for them is being able to bring young players through via the europa league, if you took that away from them then i think they'd be even further down the table

38 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Its a more exotic Bruceball

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Two banks. One on the penalty box. One 10 yards in front. Invite pressure, don't press, keep it tight and nick something on the break.

Leeds performance was an absolute homage to Brucey

Â