PieFacE

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Heh? When they played City they were ahead of them in the table, so draw away was very desirable result.

It's easy now to rewrite history with hindsight 

And yet those two extra points would come in very handy right now. The past several seasons have shown that Man City are close to perfect in the run-in so any opportunity to put a bit of distance between themselves and City was vital, it seems.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

13 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

And yet those two extra points would come in very handy right now. The past several seasons have shown that Man City are close to perfect in the run-in so any opportunity to put a bit of distance between themselves and City was vital, it seems.

You assuming if only arsenal played differently they would have won it. 

If they opened up, it was probably more likely that city would have won it, not Arsenal.

Draw was a great result for them at that point in time, away from home at your biggest rival while ahead of them in the table.

• Like 1

if they'd have stuck with Unai instead of opting for the Spanish Sherwood , they'd be double champions about now 

oh well ..shame 

• Haha 1

My Arsenal mate seemed shocked that we made 4th and champions league. I just sent him a gif of Dibu doing his dance after his saves against Lille.....I also sent the one where he dances after winning the world cup to him after we beat them recently. Was really enjoyable. He couldn't understand why Emery set us up a certain way and we lost. I'm like "we've got an injury list as long as your arm and a game in Europe on Thursday". They can't hack that their old manage is doing wonders for us and they're struggling to win the league that they think they should win. Even though I think alot of people were waiting for City to get into 5th gear towards the end of the season and brush past everyone, regardless of whether they were in 5th or 2nd. 

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Id seen somewhere arsenal have drawn 1 lost 1 since Xmas, won every other game 

Hard to blame the 0-0 with City 

We killed them 

But city are relentless, for reasons stated in the city thread

Multiple sources are blaming us for Arsenal losing the league....they are so self centered, its unbelievable.  Without those 6 points we're 5th, we beat city as well, a fact that's being ignored.

I had some time for Arsenal, much prefered them to 'cheating city' but all this bleating going on looking at blaming anyone but themselves is highly bitter behaviour and makes them look like ......fools. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

Multiple sources are blaming us for Arsenal losing the league....they are so self centered, its unbelievable.  Without those 6 points we're 5th, we beat city as well, a fact that's being ignored.

I had some time for Arsenal, much prefered them to 'cheating city' but all this bleating going on looking at blaming anyone but themselves is highly bitter behaviour and makes them look like ......fools. 

Yep evil Unai who they forced out cost them the title 😂 not just fans ex players crying too

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tinker said:

Good, I quite like us being the pantomime villan 

Edited by Follyfoot

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yep evil Unai who they forced out cost them the title 😂 not just fans ex players crying too

K.A.R.M.A

45 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Good, I quite like us being the pantomime villan 

They got rid of Emery entirely because of prejudice, and they think WE are the bad guys?

This like brexit all over again.

8 hours ago, tinker said:

Putting aside the fact that City are clearly the strongest squad in the League and the fact that blaming us is an excuse as anyone could have beat them and we also took points off City.

Ignoring the massive hole in their logic that it's their fault they couldn't beat us.

What exactly were we supposed to have done?

Just let Arsenal win the game?

We did what we were meant to do and tried to win, which we did.

35 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Putting aside the fact that City are clearly the strongest squad in the League and the fact that blaming us is an excuse as anyone could have beat them and we also took points off City.

Ignoring the massive hole in their logic that it's their fault they couldn't beat us.

What exactly were we supposed to have done?

Just let Arsenal win the game?

We did what we were meant to do and tried to win, which we did.

Their argument - and I'm not saying I agree with it, because context is a thing - is that we 'tried' against Arsenal and threw the game against City. Which, if you look at just those two games purely in isolation, is not totally absurd. But as I say, context is a thing. 

They're starting a conspiracy theory that every time Grealish wins the league city have to pay us more money

We threw the game last season on the last day 

We beat arsenal on purpose this year 

All so we could get more out of the transfer fee

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They're starting a conspiracy theory that every time Grealish wins the league city have to pay us more money

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Einsteins the lot of them!

The 60 million we gain from finishing 4th is not a consideration on how we manage games and squad rotation with European games!?

Take a look at your own teams failings not others Tarquins and learn the lessons.

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

This bit is true!

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Their argument - and I'm not saying I agree with it, because context is a thing - is that we 'tried' against Arsenal and threw the game against City. Which, if you look at just those two games purely in isolation, is not totally absurd. But as I say, context is a thing. 

There were plenty on here who were unhappy with the 11 we put out at City so it’s not hard to understand Arsenal fans being annoyed about it too. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

There were plenty on here who were unhappy with the 11 we put out at City so it’s not hard to understand Arsenal fans being annoyed about it too. 

If I remember we had few senior players available for that game.

Then again we beat City this season and Arsenal didnt try in 2nd game so we did as much for them than they did

Edited by Zatman

Â