PieFacE

Looks like they are coping well with the defeat :D 

Exclusive: David Luiz hits Ceballos on nose in Arsenal training session fight

The international break proved challenging for many clubs, not least Arsenal. Mohamed Elneny and Sead Kolasinac tested positive for COVID-19, several players were used by their countries more than the Gunners would have liked, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang slept on the floor of an airport and Willian courted controversy with a trip to Dubai despite the national lockdown.
But for all the problems that occurred further afield, there have also been complications on their doorstep. Arsenal fell to a heavy defeat by Aston Villa in their final game before the pause in Premier League fixtures and it appears that tensions spilled into training the following week.
Those who were not away with their national sides took part in a practice match last Friday and The Athletic has learned that as manager Mikel Arteta blew the final whistle, David Luiz took exception to a challenge by Dani Ceballos and retaliated by hitting him in the face, a scratch drawing blood.

https://theathletic.com/2208725/2020/11/19/ceballos-luiz-fight-hits/

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Looks like they are coping well with the defeat :D 

https://theathletic.com/2208725/2020/11/19/ceballos-luiz-fight-hits/

Bad news for Arsenal fans as bringing David Luiz back into the fold was their main hope for their team being more creative. Sad state of affairs when Arsenal have to rely on a CB for creativity, but it's fun to watch them keep making excuses for Arteta :D

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

That invincible team was magic to watch. They were robbed in the Champions League final against Barcelona.

It’s been a slow but steady decline into mediocrity. 

They're still the big 6 team I dislike the least, just because of how entertaining they were in the Henry/Bergkamp/Pires/Ljungberg era, and it's always kind of shocking to remember just how long ago that was. They've been pretty average for what, 15 years now?

They are the first team I learned to dislike, simply because a lot of kids around me when growing up supported them. Still has a lot of friends who support them, not the same guys thou.

After that came Manure and Plop. Don't really have any issue with Chelsea or Man City as I was too old to get emotional in the same way when they got bought up and transformed.

My main memory of the Pires/Henry era is them being the biggest pair of diving cheating words removed in the league. I'm not sure how fair it was, but to me they seemed like the people that really standardised that behaviour.

My favourite Pires/Henry moment:

Ha. Representatives for Wellingborough.

1 hour ago, sne said:

They are the first team I learned to dislike, simply because a lot of kids around me when growing up supported them. Still has a lot of friends who support them, not the same guys thou.

After that came Manure and Plop. Don't really have any issue with Chelsea or Man City as I was too old to get emotional in the same way when they got bought up and transformed.

thats the same in the UK i think, chelsea got some stick because they were the first team to obviously have a billionaire owner buy the league (blackburn and utd doing i was either too young or it was a bit hush hush, certainly wasnt criticised in the same way) but city are such a nothing club that i dont think anyone other than other top 6 fans care when they win something, i have complete apathy for city and dont know a single fan of theirs, think they came in too late, with the flood of football on TV i think more kids have messi and ronaldo gear than they do city

i dont know any young arsenal fans but a couple of old ones and they're all alright

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're still the big 6 team I dislike the least, just because of how entertaining they were in the Henry/Bergkamp/Pires/Ljungberg era, and it's always kind of shocking to remember just how long ago that was. They've been pretty average for what, 15 years now?

2 league wins in 20 years, 0 league wins in 16 years, 7 FA cups

runner up in the league / cups 12 times 

i know you can say what about bury / wigan / bolton etc but thats something different - arsenal must be painful to be a fan 

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I still like Arsenal for their generosity. Letting us score the first competitive goal at their shiny new stadium.

It's not always a good thing.  They basically handed SHA a league cup win.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

They just look like a boderline bottom half team now.

Press keep saying their defence and general organization is much better but we cut through them no problem and Wolves could've scored more than twice tonight.

One of those mid table teams that has a prolific striker to paper over the cracks but Aubameyang dosen't look bothered since he won the FA cup and got the big new contract so could be another Ozil in the making.

From what I've seen I'd be disappointed to finish below them.

Spurs away next weekend so surely Arteta will be under massive pressure losing that. Brighton win v Southampton and they'd go above Arsenal and this is a team barely above bottom 3 two games ago.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

They should have gone for a complete u-turn from the Wenger years and gone for Simeone.  It's a bit late now, they are heading for permanent mid-table mediocrity.

If they are capable declining to mid table there is no reason to why they can't decline to fighting relegation in a few years.

Â