PieFacE

On 29/11/2020 at 23:17, The Fun Factory said:

Most Arsenal fans seem to be right behind him. Its amazing really as they would be frothing at the mouth if this was happening under Emery or even later day Wenger. A lot of things going on at Arsenal and I don't think you can blame Arteta for a lot of it. Kronke is clueless.

They’ve the fourth most expensively assembled squad after the Manchester sides and Chelsea. Can’t put it all on Kroenke. 

Edited by SuperTed
Different fonts

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

They’ve the fourth most expensively assembled squad after the Manchester sides and Chelsea. Can’t put it all on Kroenke. 

Yeah I think you can, same as you can with utd despite their spending 

Absent owner who doesn't give a shit, the lax attitude to it all trickles down

Same with us under Lerner, we were shit, we probably would have gone down anyway but the embarrassment we put out was a mental thing based on knowing Lerner didn't give a ****, neither did the players 

Arsenal look exactly the same as we did but with better quality 

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only Saka looks good enough out of the youth. Likes of Nelson and Willock will be playing for likes of Fulham or Palace in two years.

Martinelli is best youth they have but long term injured.

Nelson was brilliant at times at Hoffenheim, bit criminal from Arsenal not to build on him after that

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only Saka looks good enough out of the youth. Likes of Nelson and Willock will be playing for likes of Fulham or Palace in two years.

Martinelli is best youth they have but long term injured.

Another good youngster @VillaChris is striker:- Folarin Balogun

They should play him a lot more.

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Another good youngster @VillaChris is striker:- Folarin Balogun

They should play him a lot more.

Yeah he scored in europa the other week. Probably makes sense to loan him out to championship next window as Nkeiteh is ahead of him in pecking order (don't see him making it there full time either).

One I do rate is Emile Smith Rowe but he's been injured a fair bit last 18 months. Had some good games for Huddersfield last season.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Interesting debate on sky, about the contrasting approaches from both teams today....its good to hear bith sides of the debate.

Arsenal won the battle of the stats.....but the one stat that matters, Spurs hit it...a win and 3 points.

The game is about winning.....I don't really understand the "deserved" to win comment that gets rolled out after defeats.....The spectacle is great to have, but you get no direct rewards for it, it fills stadiums, but not necessarily trophy cabinets.

Spurs today gave an exhibition in the second half of how to play without the ball....wouldn't want us to do it all the time, but now and again when its necessary would be useful, to secure points.

To be fair when you are ahead its easier to do that, we are going behind in too many games, when we have taken the lead in games this season we've been great. 

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I think you can, same as you can with utd despite their spending 

Absent owner who doesn't give a shit, the lax attitude to it all trickles down

Same with us under Lerner, we were shit, we probably would have gone down anyway but the embarrassment we put out was a mental thing based on knowing Lerner didn't give a ****, neither did the players 

Arsenal look exactly the same as we did but with better quality 

Good point actually mate. I will say though I think a better manager could have the side in the top four easily. 

Arsenal are no different than us under Lerner, ok they have better players at the moment but they have no actual positive future. Emery has done fine before and after Arsenal so he wasnt to blame. Wenger kept them overachieving for years and I dont think Arteta is the answer or the proble, but he really is no better than Sherwood. I think Sherwood has a better win percentage in the Premier League

Some clown was on talkSPORT a couple of hours ago not understanding why Grealish would not jump at the chance of a transfer to them. They all seem blind to what is going on

Edited by Follyfoot

At least Sherwood would attack teams and tried to win games. It's crazy how much time Arsenal fans have for the Spanish Garry Monk. Literally has no pedigree, but they turned on Unai Emery who had an impressive CV on a dime, not to mention their greatest ever manager and the reason they're even relevant today.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

At least Sherwood would attack teams and tried to win games. It's crazy how much time Arsenal fans have for the Spanish Garry Monk. Literally has no pedigree, but they turned on Unai Emery who had an impressive CV on a dime, not to mention their greatest ever manager and the reason they're even relevant today.

I said earlier in here its no different thab Bruceball, just better players and references

Some people bought the hype because he is peps buddy and Spanish. If Peps buddy was Dean Smith he wouldnt have got this job

• Like 1

Willian is a weird one . . . came in and got a hat-trick of assists on debut (admittedly against a dismal Fulham side), and then has looked beyond rank ever since. Flew to Dubai during the international break to pose for a photo with 'Salt Bae', whatever that is. I guess his heart's not in it any more, but surely it would have been better to take a big contract in China or the Middle East if you're just gonna doss out your last few years.

Â