PieFacE

On 19/06/2020 at 14:23, Genie said:

This is the problem with a lot of football fans. They don’t see that you can change manager and get worse. They thought Wenger was holding them back for some reason.

Villa fans are typical of that too. “I’m fed up of this, let’s change the manager” assuming it’s a guaranteed ticket to improvement.

It’ll be interesting to see how the next 2/3 years go for Arsenal. Some massively paid players like Ozil and Luiz who are turning in 4 and 5 out of 10 performances. Then the squad of padded out with mediocre who don’t want to be there.

United can afford a major investment spree to get back up the table, and keep doing it year after year. Arsenal are going to be trapped in the middle third for a long time I think.

If Newcastle are bought and big money is spent it’s another club that will leapfrog them.

Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Leicester, Man United, Chelsea are settled in the top 6. 
Wolves also look like they might crash that party too.

Top 8 at best it looks like for them.

Wenger has gone, but they are still following the same format....they too have a soft underbelly, just a better version of us.

i.e change the bowler, but they don't change the bowling.

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Just a team of mercenaries 

they don't buy themselves....where's their due dilligence, where's their spine.

Edited by TRO

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Luiz has signed a new contract :lol:

How the hell can he get a new contract, no doubt thick end of £200k a week, on the back of the disaster class performance last week?

Its like he’s the last defender in the world.

They hopefully won’t even have a chance to qualify for Europe by the time we play them. They play Norwich next week, wouldn’t mind a draw as it keeps them just about interested before playing the other relegation battlers.

causing some trouble over a weird clause in the saliba loan deal

my understanding is if he starts 17 games this season arsenal have to pay £2.5m on his permanent deal (why that hasn't just happened I don't know)

St Etienne have asked to extend the loan so he can play in the cup final, arsenal said cancel the clause, they said no...loan is finished and he cant play in the final

Can’t really blame Arsenal here, why would they agree to pay £2/£2.5m to allow their player to play in the cup final for St Etienne?

St Etienne painting Arsenal as the bad guys in the media on this but I think it’s a bit unreasonable. He’s an Arsenal player, they can’t expect to have use of his services AND be paid a massive chunk of money when the loan has already expired.

On 24/06/2020 at 08:51, villalad21 said:

Arsenal may be one of the more "winnable" games for us.

Arteta doesn't seem to have a clue in what he is doing.

Struggling manager desperate for a win. Looks at fixture list and sees Aston Villa. Smiles knowingly. 

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Struggling manager desperate for a win. Looks at fixture list and sees Aston Villa. Smiles knowingly. 

He just needs to decide which out of form striker he wants to play to get a much needed goal.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

Thought this one should get bumped up. Giving us 3 points and then beating Watford has done us a huge favour.

Growing up it was always Arsenal or Man Utd, so never minded them.

They did us a big favour today.

Not sure if it was because they lost to us or because of Troy Deeneys comments last season.It. sets them up well for the FA Cup final and Aubeyang must be feeling confident 

They do owe us after we were robbed at the Emirates earlier in the season.

Â