PieFacE

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Willian is a weird one . . . came in and got a hat-trick of assists on debut (admittedly against a dismal Fulham side), and then has looked beyond rank ever since. Flew to Dubai during the international break to pose for a photo with 'Salt Bae', whatever that is. I guess his heart's not in it any more, but surely it would have been better to take a big contract in China or the Middle East if you're just gonna doss out your last few years.

Loves living in London, got U.K citizenship apparently.

Mad how Chelsea have taken Arsenal for a ride in last 5 years...dumped Cech, Luiz and Willian on them with all three past it and on high wages.

Got Giroud in return who's an excellent back up option and Arsenal probably should've kept as he's the exact striker they need with their endless crossing.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said earlier in here its no different thab Bruceball, just better players and references

Some people bought the hype because he is peps buddy and Spanish. If Peps buddy was Dean Smith he wouldnt have got this job

Look at how Troopz described his tactics. Sounds familiar. Replace Aubameyang with Kodjia and that was us in the Championship. @1:35

6 hours ago, TRO said:

Arsenal won the battle of the stats.....but the one stat that matters, Spurs hit it...a win and 3 points.

The game is about winning.....I don't really understand the "deserved" to win comment that gets rolled out after defeats.....The spectacle is great to have, but you get no direct rewards for it, it fills stadiums, but not necessarily trophy cabinets.

Spurs today gave an exhibition in the second half of how to play without the ball....wouldn't want us to do it all the time, but now and again when its necessary would be useful, to secure points.

A battle of what stats? Crap ones?

Arsenal played nothing like we have been. They made very few good chances, we've made more than anyone else in the league in less games.

And we don't have several players on £300k a week. And we have no options on the bench. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Arsenal played nothing like we have been. They made very few good chances, we've made more than anyone else in the league in less games.

And we don't have several players on £300k a week. And we have no options on the bench. 

Clearly didn't watch the game. Arsenal by no means did not play well or create clear cut chances. They passed the ball about at the back a lot because Spurs let them. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Clearly didn't watch the game. Arsenal by no means did not play well or create clear cut chances. They passed the ball about at the back a lot because Spurs let them. 

And Arteta fell straight into to the trap.

Tottenham had no problems. I can't recall Lloris having to make a lot of saves.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

thats what i saw of the game, arsenal with a lot of the ball whilst spurs dropped back in to organised shape meaning that arsenal's possession was largely useless, arsenal's midfield 2 was garbage, they as a team struggle for creativity at the best of times, its their main weakness and plays directly in to what jose's main strength is (as a side i still like him but get very little joy from watching a jose team)

arsenal's main tactic seemed to be get lacazette or auba to pull them out of the shit or smash in a worldie from 30 yards, to fair xhaka can do that but when you say auba and lacazette are in terrible form you're then saying that arsenal's best chance of a goal is xhaka scoring from outside the box...the craziest thing about them shutting out ozil is just how badly they are screaming out for a player like ozil, they have nothing close to a replacement for him, which seeing as he's 32 in the last year of his contract and been mardy for a while now is ridiculous

linked with Szoboszlai this morning, who is also being linked with bayern and real madrid, would like to see him in the PL but thats sounding like a "look at us we're still a big team" type link right now

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuperTed said:

They’ve the fourth most expensively assembled squad after the Manchester sides and Chelsea. Can’t put it all on Kroenke. 

Under Lerner I don't think we were below the top 10 highest spenders, but that didn't make hims clueless in terms of running a sports organisation. Kronke is better than Lerner in increasing the value of his sports teams but they don't really seen to win much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It depends what you are looking for.....why would you watch a game and start discussing how much they are earning, that is negotiated in some cases, before they play for the club...weird thing to mention, when we are discussing the finer arts of the game itself....you will mention the colour of their shirts next.

Arsenal have a soft underbelly and so do we at times.....and in the recent games, we have shown it.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

It depends what you are looking for.....why would you watch a game and start discussing how much they are earning, that is negotiated in some cases, before they play for the club...weird thing to mention, when we are discussing the finer arts of the game itself....you will mention the colour of their shirts next.

Arsenal have a soft underbelly and so do we at times.....and in the recent games, we have shown it.

I'm looking to enjoy watching Aston Villa, and I do. Hope you do under this manager.

You don't expect us to be as good as Tottenham after one year in the PL do you? A team who got to the champions league final two years ago when we were in the championship and have the best striker in the world.

The point about wages and squad depth is that we are better than Arsenal at the moment, despite all our disadvantages. That's enjoyable.

I think Zatman had what this was from you again tbh.

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Don't see the comparison at all between us and Spurs unless want an unneccesary dig at management as usual.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mad how Chelsea have taken Arsenal for a ride in last 5 years...dumped Cech, Luiz and Willian on them with all three past it and on high wages.

It's the same as we do to small heath in a way just not with the wages but essentially we use them the same.

The receiving club doesn't see it either.  It is odd.  It's like fly tipping with the land owners consent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm looking to enjoy watching Aston Villa, and I do. Hope you do under this manager.

You don't expect us to be as good as Tottenham after one year in the PL do you? A team who got to the champions league final two years ago when we were in the championship and have the best striker in the world.

The point about wages and squad depth is that we are better than Arsenal at the moment, despite all our disadvantages. That's enjoyable.

I think Zatman had what this was from you again tbh.

I enjoy winning first, and look for reasons when we don't.....I find it hard to enjoy the spectacle in getting Beat.....perhaps Liverpool last season at home and Spurs at Home were exceptions.....but by and large, I want us to win, to enjoy it properly.....I accept you have to lose, but a run of 4 out of 5 losses, deserves comment IMO.

It wasn't a comparison with us and Spurs, at all....here you both go again, with your own agenda.....it was merely illustrating tactics that Spurs adopted to win a game against their neighbour....it was interesting in its execution...it offered alternatives to securing 3 points....No gung-ho approach to getting 4/5/6 goals....just thanks very much, that will do....Mourinho said " 2-0 is my ideal score".....I get that, do you.?

How you glean from that, a comparison to Spurs, which is a far reaching claim, only you will know.....There is an awful lots to Spurs to make a full comparison.

Its not a case of "Under this manager" as a kinda caveat....its a case of not enjoying defeats, that IMO are avoidable and trying to find reasons for them.....it really is that simple, no hidden agenda for you or anyone else to search for or manufacture.

I am happy overall with Dean Smith as manager....how many times do I have to spell it out or repeat it?.....do I think everything is rosy in the garden, no I don't....do I think we can improve, yes, I do....but the right moves need to be made.

Why is it every time an issue is raised as to why we are losing?, do you have to resort to fans observations pointing to get rid of him.....I haven't seen one post lately, suggesting such a measure, it really is a figment of your imagination.

Do you want to trawl through my posts as to when we was winning, in the first 4 games.....and dissect my comments of waxing lyrical at our offensive play...didn't hear from you then.

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You obviously never read my comment properly, I was poking fun at stats to a degree....I clearly watched the match.

You are right, Spurs did concede territory, that clearly boosted Arsenals possession Stats.....what Spurs organised defence discarded as unimportant in their plans.....Graham Taylor, used to talk about it, particularly when he first come to us....as an example we was playing Spurs in the cup and Ossie Ardiles and co was tearing it up in the league.......Taylor said to our lot,  preserve your energy and pick them up when they come in to the danger zone....IIRC Spurs struggled with the tactics.

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

You obviously never read my comment properly, I was poking fun at stats to a degree....I clearly watched the match.

You are right, Spurs did concede territory, that clearly boosted Arsenals possession Stats.....what Spurs organised defence discarded as unimportant in their plans.....Graham Taylor, used to talk about it, particularly when he first come to us....as an example we was playing Spurs in the cup and Ossie Ardiles and co was tearing it up in the league.......Taylor said to our lot,  preserve your energy and pick them up when they come in to the danger zone....IIRC Spurs struggled with the tactics.

The stats don't show that Arsenal had a good game though. Possession is a meaningless stat. Spurs had more shots on target and more big chances despite conceding territory because that was their gameplan. As was ours when we went to the Emirates and won 3-0.

There's no comparison between us and Arsenal. There isn't one Arsenal fan who thinks they played well or that they lost because they were unlucky. They lost because they were poor and couldn't create enough chances to score. We create more than enough chances to win games and the statistics bear that out. We've scored twice as many goals as Arsenal despite playing 2 games less.

Just now, theboyangel said:

I’m glad his family are all spudzzz fans. 

Him calling his family pricks was funny :lol: 

If there's one thing I've learned from AFTV, it's that some people take football a little too seriously. The amount of rage they show (I know some of it is a bit embellished for the views) is crazy. It's just some blokes kicking a ball around, calm down man.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The stats don't show that Arsenal had a good game though. Possession is a meaningless stat. Spurs had more shots on target and more big chances despite conceding territory because that was their gameplan. As was ours when we went to the Emirates and won 3-0.

There's no comparison between us and Arsenal. There isn't one Arsenal fan who thinks they played well or that they lost because they were unlucky. They lost because they were poor and couldn't create enough chances to score. We create more than enough chances to win games and the statistics bear that out. We've scored twice as many goals as Arsenal despite playing 2 games less.

some folk said Arsenal played well, being hoodwinked by the stats.....I agree with you, they didn't, in the full sense of the word.

I think there are some similar traits with us an Arsenal.....full comparison, No, I agree.

let me quote you a Bill Shankly observation....

A football team is like a piano...You need 8 men to carry it and 3 who can play the damn thing.

There is a point there, if you care to look for it.....personally, I think he made a good one.

Ps possibly the most difficult player to possess....we already have......The rest should be fairly easy to build.

Edited by TRO

Â