PieFacE

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Willian signs. 3 year deal at 32 years old. 

Rumoured to be c£220k per week. 

Had to cut those 55 jobs to be able to afford a few months of his salary. 

They could have kept them for maybe less than one-third of his salary.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah but we managed to beat them and they beat Watford so I will not complain about Arsenal next season of being a soulless corporate football club.  

Well not that much anyway.

Well the issue isnt about the players 🙄

2 hours ago, momo said:

They could have kept them for maybe less than one-third of his salary.

They’ll probably pay him £1m before they even play a game (assuming he’s isn’t already getting a multimillion pound signing fee)

Edited by Genie

• 1 month later...

Had to make some sackings to make room for Partey (who is a smashing signing) apparently.

'Gunnersaurus,' Arsenal's longtime mascot, is sacked as part of cost-cutting measures, per report

gunnersaurus.jpg

Beloved dinosaur mascot Gunnersaurus is no longer going to be a fixture at Arsenal games, according to The Athletic UK. The Premier League giants are making financial cuts in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, and the longtime mascot is among them.

The decision comes after the club confirmed that Gunnersaurus would return back in August and wasn't going to be affected by the team's cost-cutting measures. The mascot has been a huge part of Arsenal's home games since the 1993 season. Since its inception, Jerry Quy served as Gunnersaurus and became popular within Arsenal culture. There were even Junior Gunners that imitated the Arsenal mascot

Quy worked in a part-time role for the soccer club and also lost his role of supporter liaison due to the coronavirus pandemic. 

In addition to Arsenal getting rid of Gunnersaurus, the team also terminated the contracts of an estimated 10 members of their scouting department back in May. 

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/gunnersaurus-arsenals-longtime-mascot-is-sacked-as-part-of-cost-cutting-measures-per-report/

You gotta love modern football, he was probably one of their longest serving staff having been their mascot for 27 years.

Partey is going to get 250k a week and for me might struggle in England. Suppose sacking Gunnersaurus for him will be worth it. They also gave no professional courtesy to Atletico especially since it was deadline day

Good lad.

The money is nothing to Özil (or Arsenal) but the job and the mascot means the world to this guy and a lot of kids I imagine.

Not sure how long he will remain an Arsenal player thou...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

How much can it cost realistically? £5k-£10k a year?

It also puts Arsenal in a difficult predicament, are they really going deduct a few hundred quid a month from one of their players to cover the cost of the mascot who is probably paid minimum wage about 20 hours a month?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I'd seen someone say £70k...if that's even near true then I can see why arsenal are getting shot of him 

How on Earth do they get to £70k 😯 

I assume during normal times he walks around the pitch on match days giving high fives and having photos with the kids? 
2 hours per match day tops. Am I missing something? 

Â