Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Strange how things work sometimes. When Elmo was signed it pretty much relegated Albert to the bench, Then we signed yet another right sided player in Snodgrass and it looked increasingly likely that he would either be sitting on his arse for much of the season or off elsewhere. 

A combination of Amavi going, Taylor injuries/suspensions, Codger/grealish injured & Thor/Gabby being useless meant we have pretty much no left sided players. Elmo seemingly can't play there, Snodgrass came here specifically not to play there so Albert got a chance.

Fast forward a couple of months and he's scored over 30% of our goals & 2 goals off the leading goalscorer in the league

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

A combination of Amavi going, Taylor injuries/suspensions, Codger/grealish injured & Thor/Gabby being useless meant we have pretty much no left sided players. Elmo seemingly can't play there, Snodgrass came here specifically not to play there so Albert got a chance.

Bruce loves it when a plan comes together.

£52 winnings courtesy of uncle albert today. Crazy odds considering his form at the moment. He's so confident. 

Its been so long since we had a player so switched on to where the ball will end up and always looking to score. He's a nightmare to defend against. Crazy to think that he didn't start the season as first name of the team sheet. 

Always been a fan of the "wrong footed" winger position or whatever you call it when a right footed player plays on the left and vice versa. (although I hated playing that position myself)

Playing Albert left is working wonderfully as we're not really relying on crosses anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KJT123 said:

The key to his sensational form is moving him out to the left hand side. I never rated him as a right winger. He's playing terrific now.

Agreed , similar with Hutton who also looks better on the left than right .

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Always been a fan of the "wrong footed" winger position or whatever you call it when a right footed player plays on the left and vice versa. (although I hated playing that position myself)

Playing Albert left is working wonderfully as we're not really relying on crosses anyway.

Similar to Ashley Young when he plays on the left but is right footed like Albert!

I wish we would look at Jodi Jones at Coventry (Who i have watched a few times live this season) who is exact opposite. Left footed and plays on right wing!!  him and Albert on either wing would terrify the life out of defenders being wrong footed!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Â