Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

I criticised him a lot last year despite his assist record. 

I thought he was really good when he first came back into the team but think he's been awful recently 

His "wing play" seems to consist of scampering forward with the ball at medium pace, refusing to go for the line instead always cutting back and either driving the ball straight into the defender or laying it back to the support. 

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

We need a full back overlapping him otherwise he will always be up against two players. Was terrible today.

This is the problem. He's asked to do a lot of covering of the left back but gets no support with an overlap. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's a player who blows hot or cold. When he's 'off it' he's awful, but has been very good for the most part this season. Very important for us. 

Couldn't agree more. I send earlier in the thread that consistency is a big issue for Adomah. But even when playing poorly he keeps trying to be positive and i find it hard to criticise players with that attribute.

10 hours ago, omariqy said:

We need a full back overlapping him otherwise he will always be up against two players. Was terrible today.

Agree again. He needs a LB behind him and Hutton isn't one. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Model professional. Fell out of the side, didn't moan, worked hard and got back in. Very likeable guy, and a top player at this level.

I don't give a hoot about personality providing they perform (see JT), but its lovely to see a genuinely nice bloke doing well. I've said on here before, if i had the chance to go for drink with one villa player it would be Albert. 

Love the guy. 

Â