Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Swapping Adama for Adomah with some money going the other direction is no doubt one of the better transfers we have done in quite some time.

Daylight robbery. 

No coincidence today he wad able to get so far up the pitch with a natural left back behind him and have so many chances on the break.

Hutton did a good job stepping in at LB and also played well today at RB.

but when Taylor is fit he should always be starting to have the correct balance. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No coincidence today he wad able to get so far up the pitch with a natural left back behind him and have so many chances on the break.

Hutton did a good job stepping in at LB and also played well today at RB.

but when Taylor is fit he should always be starting to have the correct balance. 

Couldn't agree more. 

In a 90 minute game I don't think he's our best player, and I can see why he is a Championship footballer. However and a big however, he is a player who you can rely on to have one or two moments in a game that win you points and he is invaluable because of that. To have the amount of goals he has at this stage of the season is superb, especially given how he didn't play in the first set of games. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Best swap deal ever? Probably.

I find myself chuckling quite often thinking back 12 months to a debate I had on here with a poster who described him as “dogshit”.

Hard to say really - Carew for Baros was absolutely awesome too tbf. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

How many goals is that so far this season? 

Most prolific winger from my memory in a Villa shirt, tho that might’ve been Young. 

Interested in this so did the digging...

Adomah is currently on 8 goals this season in all competitions.

Ashley Young managed to score 9 in 09/10 & 10/11 so Albert needs two more to beat that...

I can't think of the last prolific winger we had prior to Young

Midfield wise, Milner scored 12 in 09/10

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

You wouldn't expect anything less from a pro footballer of course, but Adomah is a QPR fan apparently, after watching them as a boy, so he must've had slightly mixed emotions today. All the more credit to him for turning in a stellar performance then!

Ah, I thought his celebrations were rather muted.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Interested in this so did the digging...

Adomah is currently on 8 goals this season in all competitions.

Ashley Young managed to score 9 in 09/10 & 10/11 so Albert needs two more to beat that...

I can't think of the last prolific winger we had prior to Young

Midfield wise, Milner scored 12 in 09/10

Yes but we of course need to control for level. 

Â