Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

He lost his boot in the first half just in front of me in the "Doug Ellis" He was struggling to get his boot on and a few cat calls came across to him to hurry up.....He then revealed a nasty injury to his heel, as if to say look I'm not play acting.

I said to the Mrs ( yes she's a fan too) he won't last, he's injured.....so he done well really I think.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He lost his boot in the first half just in front of me in the "Doug Ellis" He was struggling to get his boot on and a few cat calls came across to him to hurry up.....He then revealed a nasty injury to his heel, as if to say look I'm not play acting.

I said to the Mrs ( yes she's a fan too) he won't last, he's injured.....so he done well really I think.

I thought he had a really bad game and certainly looked shaken after that incident. Should therefore have been substituted earlier. 

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I thought he had a really bad game and certainly looked shaken after that incident. Should therefore have been substituted earlier. 

I don't know....he was causing their full back dimitri cavares all sorts of problems....even his fellow players were having inquests with him due to the amount of times Albert was beating him.

whether his injury, caught up with him, i don't know.

On 01/01/2018 at 22:54, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was superb today. I've been critical of his general play lately but he really is so important to us. Can't deny that. 

Critical? You called him an "awful player"!

He's not the most consistent player in the squad but he is an absolute nightmare for defenders. You can't take your eye off him for a second. So even when he's not producing he's the kind of player who by sheer presence alone creates space for others. He also has 5 yard pace, something you can't teach. 

He's a good championship player and no you can't get promoted on those alone, but as a supplementary piece we won't do much better. Though with Andre Green coming up behind him he will have to keep it up.

13 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't know....he was causing their full back dimitri cavares all sorts of problems....even his fellow players were having inquests with him due to the amount of times Albert was beating him.

whether his injury, caught up with him, i don't know.

I disagree.

I love Albert and think he's one of our best players.

But I think their fullback had Albert in his pocket most of the game. he was quicker and stronger than Albert and bossed him.

I thought Adomah and Grealish linked up really well. Issue with Hutton playing left back is that Adomah doesn't get the space he does when someone is overlapping him. Invariably he has to cut back on his right foot and pass it back or try a cross from not a great angle. He occupies defenders though which lets Grealish, Hourihane, Hogan and Snodgrass occupy the space left over. 

14 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Critical? You called him an "awful player"!

He's not the most consistent player in the squad but he is an absolute nightmare for defenders. You can't take your eye off him for a second. So even when he's not producing he's the kind of player who by sheer presence alone creates space for others. He also has 5 yard pace, something you can't teach. 

He's a good championship player and no you can't get promoted on those alone, but as a supplementary piece we won't do much better. Though with Andre Green coming up behind him he will have to keep it up.

I did but that was heat of the moment and I took it back. He has played a massive part for us this season. Credit where its due. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree.

I love Albert and think he's one of our best players.

But I think their fullback had Albert in his pocket most of the game. he was quicker and stronger than Albert and bossed him.

I thought it was a great battle. On another day Albert could have had a couple of assists though, he wasn't in the lads pocket. They gave each other an absolute battering. 

If we needed a right back I'd be looking at Cavare. It's the last thing we need.

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought it was a great battle. On another day Albert could have had a couple of assists though, he wasn't in the lads pocket. They gave each other an absolute battering. 

If we needed a right back I'd be looking at Cavare. It's the last thing we need.

I thought both of their fullbacks were awful. Cavare only got tackles in on Albert after he was injured. For the first 30 odd minutes, Albert was beating him with ease, cutting back on his right foot and putting a decent cross in. Albert also got behind him from 2 good passes from Jack, the second of which in the second half Hogan hit the post.

Albert can be hit and miss, but he is still a useful outlet to have in this league.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

If he improved his left foot he be a very good player. in some great positions tonight with no end product 

tbf he has set up 3 goals in our last few games with his left foot. Agree though he was pretty poor today.

Hutton has done great at LB so this isn't necessarily a criticism, but i think Alberts form has dropped off a little over the last month or so, its maybe coincidence but i think he looks much better with Taylor behind him. 

16 minutes ago, av1 said:

Hutton has done great at LB so this isn't necessarily a criticism, but i think Alberts form has dropped off a little over the last month or so, its maybe coincidence but i think he looks much better with Taylor behind him. 

Agree Albert has slipped a bit - with green fit he will need to be on his game to keep his place 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

He was terrible against Sheff Utd. but overall this season he has been good. Let's hope he re-discovers his form because it's not like we have a lot of options to replace him.

Andre green ?

Â