Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Did he play on the left last season ever? Looks to have found his position, he is cutting in on his right and linking up well or shooting in a thighter midfield (despite it being a four) rather than just running to the corner flag and crossing as he did on the right.

I can't tell if his finish last night was a brilliant piece of deception or a slightly lucky scuff :D

Either way it doesn't matter. Another excellent performance and he's surely cemented his place now for the near future.

One of our most underappreciated players last season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

We absolutely ripped Middlesbrough off with this deal.

Agreed. My only ever so slight criticism would be consistency. Last season he would be brilliant for a couple of games and then be completely anonymous for a couple of weeks. 

There is no doubt he is some player when on form, hopefully as the team settles he can maintain his levels of consistency. 

I hope so, because as well as being a very good player, he also seems like a top fella

Grealish is going to find it very difficult to get back in the side now with Adomah performing a excellently as he has. the good thing is we have a lot of players performing excellent in midfield so if you dont cut it you dont get in the side. 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. My only ever so slight criticism would be consistency. Last season he would be brilliant for a couple of games and then be completely anonymous for a couple of weeks. 

There is no doubt he is some player when on form, hopefully as the team settles he can maintain his levels of consistency. 

I hope so, because as well as being a very good player, he also seems like a top fella

I would agree with that, but last season he was not anywhere near as good as he has been this year. for me he has been absolutely sensational. Boro must be kicking themselves for letting him go so cheaply. The good thing also is if we go up, he will be worth a lot of money so if he is not deemed good enough for premier league, there will be a lot of championship clubs who will want him 

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't tell if his finish last night was a brilliant piece of deception or a slightly lucky scuff :D

I think he wanted to place it in the other corner and totally fluffed his lines.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Grealish is going to find it very difficult to get back in the side now with Adomah performing a excellently as he has. the good thing is we have a lot of players performing excellent in midfield so if you dont cut it you dont get in the side. 

100% when everyone is we fit, we now have Grealish, Green, Snodgrass and Adomah all vying for 2 spots. That can only be a good thing. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

100% when everyone is we fit, we now have Grealish, Green, Snodgrass and Adomah all vying for 2 spots. That can only be a good thing. 

Bloody hell forgot about Green!!! Its actually ridiculous how much attacking talent we have

Green will have difficulty getting back into the side also, but its nice to have so many options. there is really no excuse in my view why we should not challenging. not many teams have this much depth 

4 hours ago, av1 said:

I think that's the reason he's playing so well, responded perfectly to being dropped. Loving the competition in the side, we're not just handing out minutes.

Edited by carewjust4u
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

'When the ball hits the net like a f*****g rocket that's Adomah.'

Can't think of another line but could be a good song in the making?? 

Or (to the tune of Another one bites the dust)

Bom Bom Bom, Adomah's gunna bum your mum 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Really good today in the 2nd half - tirelessly worked in attack and did a lot of tracking back to help out Hutton. MoTM for me. 

First name on the team sheet for me. Different class today. 

Even though he was breathing out of his arse towards the end (due to his amazing work rate), i thought it was an absolutely ridiculous decision to take him off. He was the only outlet relieving pressure. 

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Got the right character to go with the ability. Scores, creates, runs at and commits defenders all day. Then at the other end if he has to run 90 yards backwards to cover his teammate, he will.

I love Albert.

I agree with all that. I also love the fact that he seems a genuinely top bloke. If i had the chance to go for a drink with one current villa player it would be Albert. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

First name on the team sheet for me. Different class today. 

Even though he was breathing out of his arse towards the end (due to his amazing work rate), i thought it was an absolutely ridiculous decision to take him off. He was the only outlet relieving pressure. 

I thought it wasn't the best choice either but I'm not going to argue, seeing as we won.

I was imagining a player that was a cross between Snodgrass and Adomah today - would be a freaking amazing player. 

• Like 1

Â