Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Good riddance to him.

Can see us playing better without him. McCormack doing that strange thing of holding the ball up, laying it off, allowing the midfield to get up the field, spreading the play, getting it wide,linking up with others, running off each other, playing one twos.

We called it football in my day. All bizarre concepts to Kodjia. 

state of this :lol:

Thanks for nothing Ivory Coast! :rant:They could have been a little understanding to develop a decent working relationship with the club that pays his wages but chose not to be so I hope we remember this when he gets his next call up for them and develops a mystery slight knock that prevents him playing.   

On 1/2/2017 at 16:51, Dr_Pangloss said:

Will be badly missed, yes he can frustrate but is the only forward we have capable of winning a match for us by himself.

Agreed.

I think as we (hopefully) improve and start working more as a team and get a midfield who can actually do something, we'll rely on Kodjia less and less.

But the way we currently play we need someone like Kodjia who can create a goal out of nothing.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm not liking his new international profile and it's making me nervous that we'll struggle to keep hold of him in the summer.

In the position we are in we can't win.....If they are any good ,everyone wants them.....if they are no good we don't want them.

seems like a constant state of flux, at the moment.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm not liking his new international profile and it's making me nervous that we'll struggle to keep hold of him in the summer.

ACON is full of shite teams, not like he's scoring at the World Cup which is in principle a much higher standard with much more exposure, I wouldn't worry too much. Given what we paid for him if he does go in the summer we will be getting a good fee for him. I don't think he'll stand out at Premier League level TBH.

Â