Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

20 minutes ago, vreitti said:

That is also what I'd go with. Sadly I don't think Bruce will see it that way. I'm guessing he'll still want to have one 'big man' up front. Probably something along the lines of this:

--------------- Gestede ---------------

Grealish -- McCormack -- Adomah

Which would leave us with shit in the middle of the park. 

Well hopefully Gestede will be off to West Brom by then.

And we'll have replaced him with someone less crap.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm confident they will let him play for us Vs Cardiff. Would be pretty bush league if they didn't 

Yeah, I'd imagine so.

1 day hardly makes any difference for them surely.

12 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Agreed, but I'd say we won't sell Rudi until the end of the window as back up, unless we have a replacement coming straight in.

I am fully expecting that the new AVFC decision makers have been discussing potential transfers for the last couple of months (at least since SB arrived) and that the key targets have been identified as well as the players we need to move on.  I am (perhaps deluded!) expecting activity from very early in the window - then a pause and some more activity at the end if we receive bids for players that we were not planning on leaving.  That said it also sounds like Dr T is under no pressure to sell (and is putting SB/SR under no pressure) so I think he'll be happy to resist offers for key players as long as we can persuade them that we are in the promotion hunt.  I hope (again perhaps deluded) that will be enough to resist offers from anything outside the top 6-7 in the Premier League (or equivalent) until the summer - as I suspect the dream of aiming for Europe in our first / second PL season is what is being pushed.  (Obviously we need to improve a hell of a lot to do that - but think we have a few key players who will be a significant part of that journey, a few others who will help to start the journey and many others who will hopefully be on a bus to a different destination.  I think we will make a couple of early Jan signings who will be part of the first group, and will hopefully help convince the others in that group that we are serious, those signings may initially be loans - but it wouldn't surprise me if the option to "buy in the summer if we get promoted" is part of the deal.).  That said I have felt hugely optimistic ahead of every transfer window since 1988!!!!!

5 minutes ago, allani said:

I am fully expecting that the new AVFC decision makers have been discussing potential transfers for the last couple of months (at least since SB arrived) and that the key targets have been identified as well as the players we need to move on.  I am (perhaps deluded!) expecting activity from very early in the window - then a pause and some more activity at the end if we receive bids for players that we were not planning on leaving.  That said it also sounds like Dr T is under no pressure to sell (and is putting SB/SR under no pressure) so I think he'll be happy to resist offers for key players as long as we can persuade them that we are in the promotion hunt.  I hope (again perhaps deluded) that will be enough to resist offers from anything outside the top 6-7 in the Premier League (or equivalent) until the summer - as I suspect the dream of aiming for Europe in our first / second PL season is what is being pushed.  (Obviously we need to improve a hell of a lot to do that - but think we have a few key players who will be a significant part of that journey, a few others who will help to start the journey and many others who will hopefully be on a bus to a different destination.  I think we will make a couple of early Jan signings who will be part of the first group, and will hopefully help convince the others in that group that we are serious, those signings may initially be loans - but it wouldn't surprise me if the option to "buy in the summer if we get promoted" is part of the deal.).  That said I have felt hugely optimistic ahead of every transfer window since 1988!!!!!

I hope you are right

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In contrast to Allani I'm expecting a frustrating month of rumour and counter rumour ultimately culminating in a last minute decision to get a couple of players in on loan.

At least that way I can't get disappointed again !

That's the spirit :)

TBH after the last few years as a Villa fan that is what I do as well. It's just easier.

Hopefully Xia has other plans.

• Like 1

I'm getting increasingly wound up with this bloke. For all the good things, the inability to pass the ball or stay onside cocks up so many attacks. 

Â