Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Good riddance to him.

Can see us playing better without him. McCormack doing that strange thing of holding the ball up, laying it off, allowing the midfield to get up the field, spreading the play, getting it wide,linking up with others, running off each other, playing one twos.

We called it football in my day. All bizarre concepts to Kodjia. 

Very bizarre post considering he is our top goal scorers and most dangerous player

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Can't actually comprehend the above.

Personally I think Ayew offers more to the team than Kodjia, his lack of work is a complete myth where Kodjia is truly lazy without the ball at his feet. Ayew creates for others too, works well with his full backs when wide, Kodjia doesn't. I like Kodjia and think he is a good player but not one we will miss as I think we will actually look more balanced and play better without him 

5 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Personally I think Ayew offers more to the team than Kodjia, his lack of work is a complete myth where Kodjia is truly lazy without the ball at his feet. Ayew creates for others too, works well with his full backs when wide, Kodjia doesn't. I like Kodjia and think he is a good player but not one we will miss as I think we will actually look more balanced and play better without him 

I don't see how you can say that we won't miss him when scores a majority of our goals. The goal vs QPR was all his own doing. He is a game changer afew for me is a hard worker but won't produce that moment of magic that kodjia can that can win you the game

Why are Ivory Coast allowed to dictate whether he plays for us or not when the tournament is still two weeks away?

He's actually registered to Aston Villa he just plays for them as a representative.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Very bizarre post considering he is our top goal scorers and most dangerous player

I agree it's very harsh but I kind of see what he is saying.

Kodija has been scoring goals but I have been very frustrated at his decision making. He is very greedy and for every goal he scores he misses a chance when team mate was in better position four or five times.

I like Kodija and his work rate but not convinced he is PL quality (yet).

I do think we may play better as a team when Ross steps in and begins to link up with grealish

We have three players that want to be the main man that gets 20 goals a season, Ayew, Kodjia and McCormack. As a 3 they do not play well together.

Considering how much time the ball spends in the air in this league I think Gestede should be starting, we win no long balls at all. If Gestede is in, only one of the above three get in for me. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really he might have scored all our goals but thats cos no one else gets the ball near goal. He is a schoolyard hog!

I actually blame him for us drawing with Leeds. How many of his goals have been penalties? Thus someone else could've taken the spot kick

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, LancsVillan said:

Thanks for explaining, can't say I agree other than that Ayew isn't lazy. The rest I completely disagree on.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Why are Ivory Coast allowed to dictate whether he plays for us or not when the tournament is still two weeks away?

He's actually registered to Aston Villa he just plays for them as a representative.

Its FIFA who are really making the rule. they want to win it so can understand why they dont want risk their players compared to Ghana

Â