Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

They said it last night on SkySports, when he got that chance, the Messi's and Aguero's of he world would have dinked the ball to McCormack, whereas the Kodjia's (et al) of the world get tunnel vision and go for goal, and that's the difference between being pretty good and trying to make it and the world class superstars.

The commentators here were talking horseshit. Basic awareness. 

I know he is our leading goalscorer and has helped us gain many points but from what I have seen of him (which has been limited I must admit) he is actually making it harder for us to play like a team.

Kodjia gets the ball nobody bother making any runs cos they know he wont pass. His long shot saved by Green was a good shot but he didnt score and there was grealish unmarked 25 yards out from goal. 

Maybe a tad skeptical but when I watch him I see a selfish player pushing his own agenda putting all his skills about for a move to a 'bigger' club and by that I mean a club in Europe who can pay him more. 

Because we are the biggest club that ever was.....

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

After half a season I think it's fair to evaluate that we massively overpaid for him. 

9 goals is an ok return but I can think of several championship strikers who I would have before him. 

Thinks he's a lot better than he is, misses a host of chances and wastes too many attacks. 

Question marks over whether he should be the main striker if we really want to kick on in this league. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would get swallowed up in the premier league.

I agree with you Woodytom.....

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The blood boils... guaranteed 3 points spunked.

FB_IMG_1483150404352.jpg

This happens a lot between our forwards and is one of the reasons we don't score as many as we should in spite of the atrocious midfield. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The blood boils... guaranteed 3 points spunked.

FB_IMG_1483150404352.jpg

It looks that way and live it looked even worse, I was sat dead in line on the Trinity side. However, the still picture doesn't show that Green was already starting to move right anticipating the pass. When Kodjia shoots it is his trailing left arm / should side that makes the save. 

Should he pass most certainly, is it a guaranteed goal. I don't think so.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Woodytom said:

The commentators here were talking horseshit. Basic awareness. 

It's funny because sat in the upper Doug Ellis and watching the highlights, I didn't notice it. appears that my basic awareness is just **** terrible. Having 2 very young children, I always thought my basic awareness was pretty good, it has to be!! Clearly not and my children must be eating crap off the floor and getting hurt all the time without me realising. 

Ok, a completely different context, but it's not just 'basic awareness', even in the football world it's not just basic awareness. There has to be a certain natural talent to it, which is what kodjia doesn't have against some top players is what the commentators are saying. I certainly don't think it's the commentators that are talking horseshit here although it usually is!

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

From that still shot even an average pass...

Something our entire team apart from maybe mccormack amd Grealish seem to struggle with. Our general level of passing is abysmal.

It'll be interesting to see where the goals come from without codger. Not sure I trust mccormack to score them. 

Edited by villa89

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Something our entire team apart from maybe mccormack amd Grealish seem to struggle with. Our general level of passing is abysmal.

It'll be interesting to see where the goals come from without codger. Not sure I trust mccormack to score them. 

I think the goals could come from anyone as codger doesnt pass so no one else gets too shoot. Its most unlike me and I cant really explain logically, but I'm not a big fan of him. Think there is potential for us to play better team 'football' with Kodjia and Ayew away from the team. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So are the Ivory Coast gonna play ball and let him play vs Cardiff?

why should they? what if he gets injured and misses the tournament especially with some of tackles Cardiff dished out to jack a few weeks back

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

why should they? what if he gets injured and misses the tournament especially with some of tackles Cardiff dished out to jack a few weeks back

But we're Aston Villa FC! 

He'll get injured at ACON and be out for the rest of the season :(

It is not ideal him being away for a handful of games but it gives someone else the chance to step up to the plate and I'd hope someone like McCormack will relish the opportunity to be the main man. It will also be interesting to see how we get on without someone up top who likes to do it all himself which as we have seen has its up side and down.

Edited by markavfc40

Just now, markavfc40 said:

That would be the ideal scenario. In fact it would be fantastic.

It would mate. McCormack is obviously capable of scoring and assisting, let's hope he can step up and the team start playing for each other. Ayew being away will possibly help that too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Valid point but if other nations are I don't see why they can't either.  

Â