Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Wonder who will step up and fill his boots when he's off to the AFCON?

He's our only goal threat.

We have loads of strikers, all gash for different reasons.

we need the chequebook out on Jan 1st! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

poor penatly but he hasnt shied away from the game since.

though I think defenders will be allowed mark him by holding a gun next the brutality he is receiving again away from home

Costa receives it too, but he gives it back.......not sure Kodja has that in his game....shame really.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think first half he was pretty poor to be honest improved massively second half. Glad to see he carried on going after pen miss

Again, I only listened on the radio but the commentary certainly supported your opinion here dem.

Much improved 2nd half and got his goal. Kinda what he needs to be doing though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

What's with his hand? He's had the bandage there the whole season.

Superstition I think.

He hurt his hand once and had the bandage on and now does it every game

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't like the way he takes penalties...previous ones he's scored he's pretty much signposted the corner he's going to hit it in so no surprise eventually a keeper would read it early.

Can't Jedinak take the penalties for us?

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He did one earlier in the season, very telegraphed and the keeper went the right way. You have to be so precise and powerful with them.

Should not take another one.

The commentators said he normally puts them low to the right. 

If commentators know that you can guarantee the opposing keeper will. 

Penalties should be taken like Barry or Shearer. Hard into an upper corner. . Even if the keeper knows where it's going it's almost impossible to stop.  

As soon as you try low placement left of right the keeper has half a chance especially if you normally pick the same side. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

I think that's up for debate still. 

When you look at the Bournemouth and Boro teams they're both stocked full of lower league players but where Bournemouth have done well is adding quality to the long servants so in midfield with Harry Arter is Wilshere and now got Ake alongside Cook and Daniels at the back. Boro added likes of Negrado and Ramirez to complement the players who took them up.

In the long term we must do that. I'm not sure the other two Richard are referring to but would guess at Chester and Amavi so we'd need a really good keeper and CH to go alongside them. If we go up this season and just rely on this squad then it will be a major relegation battle although think SB and Xia have more sense than that.

That's quite a way off but think it's a bit bonkers to suggest we have no decent premier league quality players in our squad.

4 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

for the love of god, play him in the middle of the attack.

Why?

He's better playing from wide. Even when he's playing central, it's when he drifts wide that he causes the most damage.

Villa career goals to date for the current squad.

85 - Agbonlahor
10 - Gestede
  9 - Ayew
  8 - Kodjia
  7 - Bacuna
  5 - Westwood
  4 - Kozak, Grealish
  2 - McCormack, Richards
  1 - Hutton, Gardner, Baker, Tishbola, Adomah

(Just coz I'm bored and @BOF's done all the hard work anyway)

Â