Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm so over the fee already.

i have never been too preoccupied with fees.....some of our best players have been low budget fee's and that doesn't seem to make sense in some quarters.....its a bit of a paradox for me.....its what they do on the pitch that matters, not on paper.

In our position and when your are down everyone wants a pop at you....We have had to do what we did.Hopefully it will result in our position strengthening and not have to pay through the nose....but hey ho ,thats business and market forces.

Its all to do now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I do worry about people saying he isnt the finished article yet, he is 27 next month and he really isnt going to improve that much in future

Well Peter Withe was no youngster when he came to us and done the circuit, but still played his best football with us.

It depends how he slots in with his new team mates........he could be a revelation.

we do need a bit of luck ,like that you know.....we've had enough of the bad stuff.

.....Its all about balance and fit.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I do worry about people saying he isnt the finished article yet, he is 27 next month and he really isnt going to improve that much in future

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Countless examples of that not being true.

So he's not 27 next month?

This is the Micah Richards thread all over again...

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is 26, but to also be fair, some players are late bloomers, and or just need the right set of circumstance to see their potential realised/click. Vardy etc etc springs to mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Countless examples of that not being true.

Fact. He's probably about to enter his best years. Goals are priceless no matter what way you look at it and he has proven himself in this league. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Wasn't Ian Wright like 54 when he signed his first pro contract? This obsession with anyone North of 25 years of age being "past it" or "should have realised their potential by now" is quite baffling, and, frankly, makes me feel old as shit at the age of 41! Stop it immediately! :suspect:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think the chances Ayew has missed this season suggest he wouldn't score that many. He has one bundled in goal against a league 2 side so far. 

Even last year, he scored a few great goals but never looked like he could be prolific. 

That's fair - but Kodjia has also scored 0 this season whilst averaging 3 shots a game (same as Ayew).

I haven't really watched Bristol City, though, so no idea what those shots were like!

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

That's fair - but Kodjia has also scored 0 this season whilst averaging 3 shots a game (same as Ayew).

I haven't really watched Bristol City, though, so no idea what those shots were like!

The only time I can recall him coming close to scoring this season was against Wigan where he had a poor game for the most part, but had a low shot tipped onto the post in injury time, since then he has mainly been on the wing and his shots have been largely forgettable (not in that they were particularly rubbish, more that they were your everyday shots that didn't go in) there was one woeful one against Newcastle, but that was with his left foot, and as you will see he has no accuracy with his left foot.

I have missed 3 games this season, so he might have come close in one of the away games against Norwich, Wycombe or Scunthorpe, but I don't recall hearing anything about particularly good chances in either of the first two, and he refused to play in the latter. (not sure he even played against Wycombe)

Edited by JamesBCFC

48 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The only time I can recall him coming close to scoring this season was against Wigan where he had a poor game for the most part, but had a low shot tipped onto the post in injury time, since then he has mainly been on the wing and his shots have been largely forgettable (not in that they were particularly rubbish, more that they were your everyday shots that didn't go in) there was one woeful one against Newcastle, but that was with his left foot, and as you will see he has no accuracy with his left foot.

I have missed 3 games this season, so he might have come close in one of the away games against Norwich, Wycombe or Scunthorpe, but I don't recall hearing anything about particularly good chances in either of the first two, and he refused to play in the latter. (not sure he even played against Wycombe)

Refused to play so he could finally get his move to a big club. Fair play to the lad ;-)

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Refused to play so he could finally get his move to a big club. Fair play to the lad ;-)

imagine what he will do for us when teams like Hull and Middlesbrough come in for him ;p

• Like 1

Â