Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Athletic, fast, strong, good technique, hard working, good on the head - this was one of the most promising debuts I've seen, he so deserved to score.

Perhaps off topic, but is that goal decision system, eagle eye or what it's called, in use in the Championship?

Re his header that their freakish game of his life-keeper saved on the line, it looked like it didn't cross the line on the replay, but was a hard call. 

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Athletic, fast, strong, good technique, hard working, good on the head - this was one of the most promising debuts I've seen, he so deserved to score.

Perhaps off topic, but is that goal decision system, eagle eye or what it's called, in use in the Championship?

Re his header that their freakish game of his life-keeper saved on the line, it looked like it didn't cross the line on the replay, but was a hard call. 

No goal line technology down here. was a tough shout but good decision by the ref/lino

Edited by JamesBCFC
missed a "w"
  • Like 2

I thought he looked a bit uncomfortable on the ball tbh bar a lovely run in the second half at 2-1 when he beat a few players in the Holte/Trinity corner.

Unlucky with the headers though so similar to Gestede imo, big threat in the air but pretty average and passing although he has more mobility about him.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I thought he looked a bit uncomfortable on the ball tbh bar a lovely run in the second half at 2-1 when he beat a few players in the Holte/Trinity corner.

Unlucky with the headers though so similar to Gestede imo, big threat in the air but pretty average and passing although he has more mobility about him.

He looked a lot better on the ball than gestede to me and has pace to his game too as well , good to have varied options and with the likes of gestede, ayew, grealish, McCormack and kodija we have a potent threat going forward .

Not sure how many times we've hit the woodwork this season but they will start going in - we still have adomah to come too so plenty quality there.

i feel kodija will prove good value for money come the end of the season .

Class debut. Will be good for us. Better with a man closer to him IMO so maybe more game time for Rudy in a few games. Thats a powerful front 2. McScore in the hole, but thats does mean Ayew and maybe jack on the bench. Controversial. But good to have options when needed. 

I think this guy has everything. Strong in the air and bags of pace. The partnership he formed with Rudy when he came on looks very promising and I think those two will terrify a lot of defences this season. Outstanding debut imo. 

• Like 1

Â