Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, striker said:

You are easily confused then. I follow both Everton and Villa. Not unheard of to support two teams in one or separate leagues.

Just seen the goal. Looking forward to see him play.

I think its a case of the difference between 'following' and 'supporting'. I support Villa but my second side, who I follow, is Barcelona, so much so I am a member at Barcelona. In the unlikely event we ever play Barcelona I would be supporting Villa completely.

Hopefully Kodjia is the kind of player that we can develop further, he won't be perfect but if he brings movement and can finish some chances he'll be a massive upgrade on what we've already got. If he can improve on his weaknesses too then we'll have a very useful player. 

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I was thinking the exact same Gentleman

And even then we had some saying he was not good enough, waste of money as they normally do without giving them a chance. To me it seems it's the same incumbents because we didn't get the manager they wanted or the player they were adamant was guaranteed to get goals and promotion 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

And even then we had some saying he was not good enough, waste of money as they normally do without giving them a chance. To me it seems it's the same incumbents because we didn't get the manager they wanted or the player they were adamant was guaranteed to get goals and promotion 

I think you are correct nazvfc, some people are too quick to write off a player without giving them a chance to show what they can do

I think this thread has one of the biggest swings in guessing how good a player will be for us before he's kicked a ball, that I've ever seen. 

I'm personally on the 'he's the second coming of Benteke' side. Come on NeoBeast! 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, striker said:

You are easily confused then. I follow both Everton and Villa. Not unheard of to support two teams in one or separate leagues.

Just seen the goal. Looking forward to see him play.

Also not unheard of to be able to deliver that information without the nonsensical guesswork at the start though is it really? Jump to random conclusions much? Anyway welcome to VT and thanks for introducing yourself in such a friendly way. ;)

Anyway while we're on the topic of people who have 2 teams in the Kodjia thread, @JamesBCFC ;) Where does the "Jimmy" thing come from?

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Also not unheard of to be able to deliver that information without the nonsensical guesswork at the start though is it really? Jump to random conclusions much? Anyway welcome to VT and thanks for introducing yourself in such a friendly way. ;)

Anyway while we're on the topic of people who have 2 teams in the Kodjia thread, @JamesBCFC ;) Where does the "Jimmy" thing come from?

Not sure if he had the nickname before joining us, but he had the nickname "Jimmy Danger" from the squad. I think he was referred to in interviews as Jimmy more than his actual name.

• Like 1

He's scored a lot of goals in the league we are in. Can't really fret too much about him really. 

I think a lot of people have not understood we are no longer a premier league team and can't attract the level of player they think we should be after. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sne said:

So is it terrible of me to secretly hope that the AFCON in January gets postponed again?

Nothing serious like war or Ebola of course. Corruption or something political would suffice.

What a great moral dilemma question. What level of crisis is acceptable in order to stop your players going away in January?

Based purely on the YT videos, I preferred Kodjia to Hernandez.  His goals looked more varied, whereas Hernandez seemed to get a lot of tap ins/ goalmouth scrambles.  I like the movement of Kodjia and he has the three things we required from a frontman, pace, presence and movement.  I honestly think that he can score a lot of goals for us this season, given the way we have played and created so far.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

No, no, no. Not trying to get at you at all although I can see how it could be interpreted so sorry for that. I just follow two teams which is all it is.

Can't wait to see Kodjia play. It could be that JamesBCFC might have to admit that Kodjia was a steal by the end of the season. :) 

• Like 1

I loved the sheer determination after missing the header....some would have been done with that and accepted the missed header.....not him ,he chased after the loose headed ball and wham.

That attitude is encouraging.

16 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Based purely on the YT videos, I preferred Kodjia to Hernandez.  His goals looked more varied, whereas Hernandez seemed to get a lot of tap ins/ goalmouth scrambles.  I like the movement of Kodjia and he has the three things we required from a frontman, pace, presence and movement.  I honestly think that he can score a lot of goals for us this season, given the way we have played and created so far.

Looks like he has a bit more finesse about him with those deft little chips. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

13 hours ago, striker said:

No, no, no. Not trying to get at you at all although I can see how it could be interpreted so sorry for that. I just follow two teams which is all it is.

Can't wait to see Kodjia play. It could be that JamesBCFC might have to admit that Kodjia was a steal by the end of the season. :) 

so over-reaction of the week goes to me then. :) All good. I was tired. The moral of my story is a variation on the don't drink and text rule I suppose, don't drive a band on a 300 mile round trip to portmeirion over the Welsh mountains to play a festival and text. Support who you want, it's a free country, ish.

Weirdo ;)

Â