Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Andy Gray......first game at home 19  years old v Man Utd and ripped them apart.

If the attitude and application is there.......Play em.

Look in to their eyes.....and the decision will be made for you.

^^^  And at the moment we are. Performances and atmosphere and commitment this season are much better, but ultimately we are still very fragile and we are not getting the results. Until we do, we ARE still on the decline (although no longer in free fall) although I do believe we are close to turning it round. 

A couple of wins (even scraped together wins against the run of play) will start to turn the mentality and add more positivity. If we can string a few together in the next month, then people will be starting to look at us as title contenders.

• Like 4

I just saw the 20 goals he just scored and I'm perplexed as to how Bristol City fans can be happy with the transfer.  So i'm thinking either a) He has only scored the 20 goals in games that are not that important and against weaker teams. b ) he's general play is really bad. c) He actually misses a lot of chances and should score a lot more, d) they have an abundance of quality strikers that can net 20 goals and can spend all that money or strengthening other areas of the team, or e) its a classic case of fans thinking the clubs bank balance is their personal wealth and they are so delighted they are totally overlooking they have lost a 20 goal striker because have made a huge profit.

Did i miss any out? 

11 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

^^^  And at the moment we are. Performances and atmosphere and commitment this season are much better, but ultimately we are still very fragile and we are not getting the results. Until we do, we ARE still on the decline (although no longer in free fall) although I do believe we are close to turning it round. 

A couple of wins (even scraped together wins against the run of play) will start to turn the mentality and add more positivity. If we can string a few together in the next month, then people will be starting to look at us as title contenders.

Agree 100% however I did think Rotherham would be that turning point but as usual we failed to capitalise. 

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just saw the 20 goals he just scored and I'm perplexed as to how Bristol City fans can be happy with the transfer.  So i'm thinking either a) He has only scored the 20 goals in games that are not that important and against weaker teams. b ) he's general play is really bad. c) He actually misses a lot of chances and should score a lot more, d) they have an abundance of quality strikers that can net 20 goals and can spend all that money or strengthening other areas of the team, or e) its a classic case of fans thinking the clubs bank balance is their personal wealth and they are so delighted they are totally overlooking they have lost a 20 goal striker because have made a huge profit.

Did i miss any out? 

Pretty sure it's E) it's probably the biggest sale they have ever had by miles. I always remember a blue scum trying to extract the urine out of me when he returned from holiday and heard we had sold Platty.  He thought I was bluffing that I was happy with it and remember vividly his jaw literally hitting the floor when I told him the fee was £5.5m. 

We bought half a squad including Saunders, Staunton and Houghton who nearly won the league with that money. 

I think they will get a shock though when they see how much their £15m will get them,  the PL money has already changed the championship landscape. They won't go out in January and buy half a new squad with that. 

• Like 1

On 08/09/2016 at 18:47, Zatman said:

imagine what he will do for us when teams like Hull and Middlesbrough come in for him ;p

Yeah OK like Middlesbrough have ever been seen like a step forwards for any of our better players....... Oh wait 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah OK like Middlesbrough have ever been seen like a step forwards for any of our lazy, waste of talent, front running players....... Oh wait 

Fixed

Unless you're talking about Ugo Egihou in which case I'll pay it....

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did i miss any out? 

f) i think someone mentioned that its the first season that he has been a prolific scorer, so it could have been a one-season wonder and he might now suffer from second season syndrome.  i don't know how true this is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think they will get a shock though when they see how much their £15m will get them,  the PL money has already changed the championship landscape. They won't go out in January and buy half a new squad with that. 

If they are bargain hunting, they might get 5 decent championship players for £3mill each for that money.

Outside the top 3 spenders in the Championship, i don't think anyone else is paying crazy high fees for championship level players.

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did i miss any out? 

I'll throw in a G) They're all jealous barstards down the M5! 

The M6 is superior ;)

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

I get the feeling that Bristol City fans aren't to bothered because that Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea has started like a house on fire...   Once his goals dry up a bit, he loses form or gets injured/suspended then I can see Bristol City missing Kodjia a lot more than they do now.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did i miss any out? 

Mostly C

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

f) i think someone mentioned that its the first season that he has been a prolific scorer, so it could have been a one-season wonder and he might now suffer from second season syndrome.  i don't know how true this is.

But an element of this. (he had 1 good season in Ligue 2 prior to joining us, and 1 good season with us)

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I get the feeling that Bristol City fans aren't to bothered because that Tammy Abraham on loan from Chelsea has started like a house on fire...   Once his goals dry up a bit, he loses form or gets injured/suspended then I can see Bristol City missing Kodjia a lot more than they do now.

And an element of this.

I think all of us realise that Abrahams goals wont continue at the rate they have been coming, but we have been working on getting goals from midfield- something that was a huge issue last year. It started to get better with the loan of Tomlin who scored 8 in under half a season. Now he is our own player and we have brought in Paterson as well, Reid chips in with a few, and I'm hoping O'Dowda will get some as well. Freeman I don't expect any from, because his decision making at this level is poor and his shooting equally so (he has never scored a goal for us at Ashton Gate, and his only goal last season was heavily deflected- possibly going wide before the deflection).

Plus we have signed a 20 year old who is a full international and has Europa League experience, and with a 1 in 4 ratio during his time at Gothenburg, which considering his age is a promising sign.

We have had a very positive transfer window, even with Kodjia leaving and have brought in a younger player who is a similar style (Engvall) as a replacement.

Edited by JamesBCFC

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Well who needs to win games when you can have £11 million kept in the bank. 

our failure to win today was down to 2 horrific bits of defending, though I'm sure that if you had seen the goals you would have been aware of that.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I get it, he's not any good. 

Thanks. 

At no point have I said he's not very good. No need to be bitter because I said something you didn't like about your team (even though there was nothing actually derogatory about the club) in response towards a slander of my character.

24 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

our failure to win today was down to 2 horrific bits of defending, though I'm sure that if you had seen the goals you would have been aware of that.

At no point have I said he's not very good. No need to be bitter because I said something you didn't like about your team (even though there was nothing actually derogatory about the club) in response towards a slander of my character.

I don't need to see the goals. You failed to score more than the opposition. But money in the bank is still good. 

Â