Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

To be fair the BC fan has expressed his views politely. I don't think it's a case of sour grapes at all as they watched him week in week out so its fair for them to judge. End of the day we need goals and he scored them for one season. We've taken a gamble on him doing it again and I couldn't care less what we spent as long as it doesn't mean we now reign in future spending like we did with the past regime. 

We have a lot of attacking options now. If the goals don't start flying in after the next 5 games or 10 games then management/coaching would need to be questioned. 

Kodjia is somewhat of a risk. He has had one good season at this level and was curiously deployed as a winger this season in order to accommodate a new forward. The comments about him suggest he's an Andy Cole type, not a one-chance-one-goal forward but someone who relies on multiple opportunities to score. This might be frustrating given the money we spent on him. Clearly he wasn't our first target by any stretch of the imagination, rather something of a last resort given we needed someone 'good' with little time in the window to go. 

I guess we'll find out today what he's about. The fact that he has pace, is direct and plays off the last man is a good thing, as we really do not have this at the club. I think McCormack will benefit from playing with this kind of forward rather than the statuesque Gestede.  

I agree that Kodjia will help McCormack thrive, at least going on the little I know about McCormack when I've seen him play in the past and the games for us. He's always looking for a decisive pass, and I think a pacey forward like Kodija will help create space and goals if he can take the chances that are made for him.

Looking forward to him starting with a serious supply line of Grealish, McCormack and Adomah feeding him.

If the season so far is anything to go by, just stay up front Jonny and you'll be given about 4 golden chances.

• Like 1

If kodija carries on like that he will prove a bargain and play a big part in getting us back to the premiership- regardless of the result today there are many positives and this team will thrive as the season develops . 

Bristol city think they've fleeced us - come the end of the season we could be the ones laughing .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair the BC fan has expressed his views politely. I don't think it's a case of sour grapes at all as they watched him week in week out so its fair for them to judge. End of the day we need goals and he scored them for one season. We've taken a gamble on him doing it again and I couldn't care less what we spent as long as it doesn't mean we now reign in future spending like we did with the past regime. 

We have a lot of attacking options now. If the goals don't start flying in after the next 5 games or 10 games then management/coaching would need to be questioned. 

Appreciated. (I can't 'like' posts, so this is my equivalent.)

None of my views about Jonathan Kodjia have been influenced by him leaving or the manner he went about it.

I will hold my hands and say I got frustrated by a few of the posters on here, and perhaps responded in a manner I shouldn't have.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

from the 1st half I have been impressed with his movement and willingness to join in attacks. I dont think we have had a striker with good movement since Angel so im happy to see.

Benteke? I though Kodjia looked very promising today 

Â