Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

As an option off the bench he might chip in with ~5 goals this season, especially against weaker sides, but Davis is far better suited for this level.

I was thinking the same thing during the game.

I think, when you play this type of opposition, it shows up the individual deficiencies and our lads all have some.......These top players are much more complete.

but I still say c 85 Minutes 1-1......that for me puts a lot in to perspective.

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

On a completely unrelated note, I can’t think of another player I’ve heard described as lazy as much as JK, except, now, Wesley.

🤔

I think it's just the nature of the role they play. You never hear that levelled at players in other positions on the pitch.

Brighton could put on Maupay in the second half, we have Kodjia or Davis.

Not saying we should have signed Maupay, but we are light on the attacking side.

Think we will sign or loan another striker/wide attacker in January and I think Kodjia will be moved on or loaned out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Brighton could put on Maupay in the second half, we have Kodjia or Davis.

Not saying we should have signed Maupay, but we are light on the attacking side.

Think we will sign or loan another striker/wide attacker in January and I think Kodjia will be moved on or loaned out.

I would’ve like if we’d  have signed Maupay though.

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Cant be too hard on him. Difficult when you have never played at this level and especially difficult to come on when the other team are dominating. 

Agree, we were backs to the walls when he came on. A bit unfair to write him off after 15-20 mins of PL football against currently one of the best teams in the league.

I do feel we are a bit light on numbers and quality up front, after all the signings I shouldn’t be disappointed but feel we may have made a mistake there.

• Like 1

the issue is Kodjia is not a hold up player/target man, so bringing him on for Wes is pointless in that system, you would either have to go two up front or sub him in for a winger.

Davis would have been the better choice yesterday as i think he would have held the ball up at least. I think Wes needs to come deeper and we need to stop hoofing balls up to him as it was Wes vs three or four defenders yesterday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

If we have to rely on Davis up front in the Premier League god help us!

He holds the ball up for others, which was just what we needed. 

He probably needed to have come on a bit earlier in the second half.

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

the issue is Kodjia is not a hold up player/target man, so bringing him on for Wes is pointless in that system, you would either have to go two up front or sub him in for a winger.

Davis would have been the better choice yesterday as i think he would have held the ball up at least. I think Wes needs to come deeper and we need to stop hoofing balls up to him as it was Wes vs three or four defenders yesterday.

I think the issue is Kodjia has been an average Championship player for the last 2 years. There’s no way he will cut in the top flight.

• Like 1

Â