Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Too lazy, selfish and inconsistent to do much at this level. Also since his injury I'm sure whatever pace he had is gone so that's another negative. Not good that he's our backup striker.

It's okay, He's gone to Stoke now. 

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 4

Two years' ago, I think we would've all agreed that he deserved a go in the Premier League. After a couple of injury set backs, he hasn't looked the same. 

Because I already miss the transfer window thread, look at this obligatory YouTube video of him! Imagine if we had this guy in the team...oh wait...

• Like 1

Kodjia still holds the title for the most outrageous move I've ever seen in an Obligatory Youtube Video, in one of his that was released around the time he signed for us. Absolutely blitzed an entire team while playing for Angers, and then capped it off with the cheekiest chipped finish. Can't wait to see this madman in the PL.

• Like 2

He has been given a big vote of confidence by Smith today.

I thought when we played WBA in second leg and we were desperate for a goal and Smith left him on the bench I took it that he couldn’t trust him and he would leave in the summer.

I think he may be better suited to  the Premier league .When he stepped in for Abraham last season I thought he did well .He has shown good attitude since he became second choice CF and I can see him scoring goals this season.

He's done really well for us since he has been here. Like others have said, you watch his YT reel and you would think "what a talent, get him in!". He is more of a natural finisher than Tammy and we may need that. One thing is for certain, we are going to get some spectacular goals this season from him and others, we just have those players now.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Did great while deputizing for Abraham last season.

I swear it's as if the 2016/17 season didn't happen. He literally carried our team that year. He'll have no trouble leading the line as he does for his country.

He will relish such opportunity when that time comes, and it will come this season, and he will prove the doubters wrong on here as he has done time and time again.

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He will relish such opportunity when that time comes, and it will come this season, and he will prove the doubters wrong on here as he has done time and time again.

I think the doubters have legitimate concerns, But I think he will have a decent season.....his style will suit the prem' IMO

For me he is capable of quality play and could well be as good as some players we might have brought in......I would like to see how he approaches this season, when he plays.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think the doubters have legitimate concerns, But I think he will have a decent season.....his style will suit the prem' IMO

For me he is capable of quality play and could well be as good as some players we might have brought in......I would like to see how he approaches this season.

Agreed. Just needs to be more aware of those around him instead of trying to constantly beat 2-3 players and going for the spectacular even though he has the skill to do it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He has the ability to play premier league football.

Only if dean has spent the entire preseason teaching him how to pass. His head down, dribble, shoot on sight tactics are not going to work if we play the way I think smith wants us to. 

21 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Only if dean has spent the entire preseason teaching him how to pass. His head down, dribble, shoot on sight tactics are not going to work if we play the way I think smith wants us to. 

Hmmmm. 

They won't work as a component of the tactic, but the guy scored 38 goals in 78 starts up until the injury, doing just that. Then last season when we needed him to step up he bagged 3 in 4. If he hadn't turned up like he did in that second half against Rotherham, there's a chance we wouldn't be where we are today. 

Can he be a better player? Definitely, undeniable. Does it really matter if he is simply the same player he has always been? In my opinion, no. I don't expect him to change much either. 

• Like 1

He didn't look too bad playing up front for Ivory Coast.  Have a feeling he could be useful next season.

Dean Smith has given the vote of right lets see what you can do, so it is now firmly in Kodja's court.

The Team that developed at the season last year is totally different to the one he was first choice at the beginning.  Tammy was banging the goals in so he didnt get a look in.

What ever he is a Villa Player so I will be willing him on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hmmmm. 

They won't work as a component of the tactic, but the guy scored 38 goals in 78 starts up until the injury, doing just that. Then last season when we needed him to step up he bagged 3 in 4. If he hadn't turned up like he did in that second half against Rotherham, there's a chance we wouldn't be where we are today. 

Can he be a better player? Definitely, undeniable. Does it really matter if he is simply the same player he has always been? In my opinion, no. I don't expect him to change much either. 

Rescued the game against Brentford early on as well.  Last Minute Equaliser and those of us left in the holte went nuts. 

My two boys first time in the Holte and the youngest kept saying we should go as others are leaving, I kept saying no we stay until the end you never know what might happen and yesssssssssss.

Â