Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

18 hours ago, omariqy said:

Kodjia always gets overly criticised. Mainly cos he's a bit different. I'm not referring to race albeit the lazy stereotype may have some link. He's just a bit out there sometimes. People fear what they don't know. He's not lazy at all. He works bloody hard for the team and especially at holding the ball up. His biggest issue is and continues to be decision making. I'm convinced if he played up top last season for us for as many games as Tammy did he would have got 20 plus goals. 

At the moment and currently and still?

• Like 1

Well, I have said in the past that I am supremely confident that Kodjia will be the exact same mercurial striker in he Premier League as he was the Championship, warts and all. I think his particular skill set is adaptive to almost any league.

There will be moments of brilliance, moments of madness, sharp in the box and blunt off the ball. I'd have liked an upgrade as our backup, but then if you had told me that upgrade was an, I dunno, Hungarian striker with an 11 in 24 record at international level and a virtually 1 in 2 record in the Dutch league I'd have been all over it. New toy syndrome and all that. 

Go shock a few Jimmy. Good lad. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 06/08/2019 at 01:03, Jimmyg said:

kodjia is gonna score more than Wesley this season.... there i said it. 

I think we are in shit if that's the case. 

On 05/08/2019 at 07:41, omariqy said:

Kodjia always gets overly criticised. Mainly cos he's a bit different. I'm not referring to race albeit the lazy stereotype may have some link. He's just a bit out there sometimes. People fear what they don't know. He's not lazy at all. He works bloody hard for the team and especially at holding the ball up. His biggest issue is and continues to be decision making. I'm convinced if he played up top last season for us for as many games as Tammy did he would have got 20 plus goals. 

He's a maverick, basically. 

On that note I love his bloody hair. Never has a man sported a barnet more fitting for their personality. 

• Like 3

I like Kodjia and always thought he could score goals in any division. I'd liked us to have got in another CF but trust that both him and Wes will do well. Kodjia when all said and done has a great goals to games ratio. I think he will love playing n the Prem and will be the player we hoped we'd bring in as Wesleys back up. I'm also pleased for him as he has done more than enough to merit this opportunity over the last 3 seasons.

49 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well, I have said in the past that I am supremely confident that Kodjia will be the exact same mercurial striker in he Premier League as he was the Championship, warts and all. I think his particular skill set is adaptive to almost any league.

There will be moments of brilliance, moments of madness, sharp in the box and blunt off the ball. I'd have liked an upgrade as our backup, but then if you had told me that upgrade was an, I dunno, Hungarian striker with an 11 in 24 record at international level and a virtually 1 in 2 record in the Dutch league I'd have been all over it. New toy syndrome and all that. 

Go shock a few Jimmy. Good lad. 

He will have better protection for what he's good at, too.....I could be wrong, but I think this league will suit him better.

He has the skill set, just hope he has the drive to do well.....It could be his year,after the Nations Cup, to whet his appetite.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blunther said:

Kodj is the man, he'll do us proud.

I'm glad he's not gone anywhere. As well as being one of the few in the team that occasionally has a bit of magic in his boots, he looks like a right laugh around the place. All the random clips of him being a total spanner just seem to add to the squad harmony. Maybe.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Too lazy, selfish and inconsistent to do much at this level. Also since his injury I'm sure whatever pace he had is gone so that's another negative. Not good that he's our backup striker.

Absolute rubbish.

• Like 4

Â