Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Incredible isn't it?

And yet there's still people banging the ""give hogan a chance" drum.

Not sure what Kodjia has ever done particularly wrong.

Hogan in my mind had his chance when Dean Smith became manager.  He was a guy who had managed him before and when he was successful, but he couldnt even break through then.

Kodja, in someways hasnt been given the same chance.  He suffered because he wasn't Abraham, but personally I felt more excited watching Kodja at times because you didnt know what he would do next than Abraham.  

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Incredible isn't it?

Have a personality it seems.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, striker said:

Agreed. Just needs to be more aware of those around him instead of trying to constantly beat 2-3 players and going for the spectacular even though he has the skill to do it.

I am just guessing of course, but sometimes players do that if they have limited confidence in those that are around them....maybe with better players around him he may be more inclined to release the ball quicker.

I do think that most players change, when they are playing with better players. 

I don't think Kodjia's technical ability has ever been questioned at Villa......Its his application that has been questionable and the injury contributed to that by derailing his momentum.

I just have a hunch and that's all it is , that playing with better players around him and better quality referee's to spot the neanderthal challenges, he may show to be what we all hoped he would be.

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Incredible isn't it?

Annoys me many of the chances butchered when we really needed them but scored some pearlers and his quality is unquestionable. I'm curious to see him under Smith with the talent we now have available 

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Annoys me many of the chances butchered when we really needed them but scored some pearlers and his quality is unquestionable. I'm curious to see him under Smith with the talent we now have available 

my sentiments entirely.

I am wondering if Deans opinion has been reviewed slightly, when he was at the African Nations.......Kodjia had a fair tournament I understand.

Edited by TRO

22 hours ago, thunderball said:

He's done really well for us since he has been here. Like others have said, you watch his YT reel and you would think "what a talent, get him in!". He is more of a natural finisher than Tammy and we may need that. One thing is for certain, we are going to get some spectacular goals this season from him and others, we just have those players now.

Potentially, we would hope better service too from our other players.

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It annoyed me when Abraham butchered chances too. Just saying. Strikers missing chances is annoying. 

I'd love an Aguero, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Imagine a fast break of Kodjia, Anwar, Trez and Jack running at an opposition back-line?

A bit of trickery to bamboozle a defender sends Jimmy on his way, who then lays it off to Jack who waits for the perfect moment to play an inch perfect pass on the inside of the opposition right back for Anwar who then puts in a first time cross for Trezeguet to slot into the back post.

Image result for banderas gif

If you can't tell already, I'm restless for the season to start 😭

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's very subjective, but I'll have a hazard guess. His work rate. His ability to never release the ball quick enough. His insistance of trying some fancy bullshit and losing possession. 

Take your pick. 

Even at 29 the PL could be the making of him.  He'll definitely get a chance to show us. 

Got this feeling he'll be a hero a few times this season. 

We’ve also strengthened every department behind him to give him that platform to showcase his talents. 

Can see him playing wide a few times too. 

He's a good player guys. Don't worry. 

People can say this that and whatever. The facts are that Jonny boy is a goalscorer and wherever he plays he scores. Yes he has been a nause at times but damn, he knows where the net is. There have been many occasions where he has scored out of nothing, won us games and ultimately participated in our rise back to the top flight. I think he is also a positive individual to have in the squad and will keep Wes on his toes as with Abraham. I'm so glad we kept him and ultimately give him the opportunity to play in the PL and I've no doubt he will be an asset this season.

I don't see him playing out wide unless it's a cup compo and he needs minutes. Which I think is best all around. Wes is not going to be able to play every minute and therefore we won't imo be risking Kodjia or Davies out wide as we will need that front line back up. Plus we are adequate out wide. I think the days of square pegs in round holes is well and truly over.

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Imagine a fast break of Kodjia, Anwar, Trez and Jack running at an opposition back-line?

A bit of trickery to bamboozle a defender sends Jimmy on his way, who then lays it off to Jack who waits for the perfect moment to play an inch perfect pass on the inside of the opposition right back for Anwar who then puts in a first time cross for Trezeguet to slot into the back post.

Image result for banderas gif

If you can't tell already, I'm restless for the season to start 😭

My problem with Jimmy is that in most instances I've seen, he wouldnt lay it off to Jack. He'd take on three players instead.

• Thanks 1

Â