Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's not going to 'tear up' anything but he will be a relatively competent back up striker if/ when called upon. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts today. If not today I can see him getting a start a few games in.

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts today. If not today I can see him getting a start a few games in.

I think he's third choice at the moment and will mostly be used as an option off the bench this season. No chance we will leave our record signing out of the team today  

12 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's very subjective, but I'll have a hazard guess. His work rate. His ability to never release the ball quick enough. His insistance of trying some fancy bullshit and losing possession. 

Take your pick. 

Yet he’s had a very very good record for us. 

Like I said, he’s far from perfect. My point was why do portions of the fan base seemingly dislike him so much when other players get away with murder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

He’s our best penalty taker thats for sure

Yet didn't take one in the shootout against Baggies. 

I think Smith has already said he sees Kodjia as more suited to the PL than the Championship. Not sure I totally agree as Kodjia smashed it the season before last. What it does mean though is that Smith sees him as good enough to be in this years squad. I agree with him and don't see any reason why he can't bang as many goals in(given game time) as any other member of the squad. He's more than capable.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yet he’s had a very very good record for us. 

Like I said, he’s far from perfect. My point was why do portions of the fan base seemingly dislike him so much when other players get away with murder. 

When negative views take priority over positive views and vice versa, it becomes selective.

Fans cut slack for some players in certain things and not for others.....I guess we all have our moments.

Â