Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, tinker said:

One player surrounded by loads of shite, he had far to much ground to cover for an old un, won loads in the air. Not to blame today.

I don't think you've properly watched the Wolves goal.  From the moment Amavi loses out to whoever for the ball, Jedinak is just ball watching.  Their goalscorer starts behind him, moves infront of him, even slows down before running into the box and Jedinak does absolute nothing.  NOTHING!

He's there to protect the defence, not freely allow players to run at them.

• Like 2

I know he has a fully deserved reputation as a poor passer, but by God, some of his stuff yesterday you couldn't make up. One that particularly stood out was when he had a choice of two players quite close together in an advanced position that he could play a ten yard pass to and managed to kick it really hard straight down the middle of them both, through to the keeper.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don't think you've properly watched the Wolves goal.  From the moment Amavi loses out to whoever for the ball, Jedinak is just ball watching.  Their goalscorer starts behind him, moves infront of him, even slows down before running into the box and Jedinak does absolute nothing.  NOTHING!

I like Jedinak but he was really poor for their goal even though I am pretty sure it was Tshibola's direct opponent who went past him.

It was out of character for him though as normally he is good in those situations.

45 minutes ago, poitier said:

I know he has a fully deserved reputation as a poor passer, but by God, some of his stuff yesterday you couldn't make up. One that particularly stood out was when he had a choice of two players quite close together in an advanced position that he could play a ten yard pass to and managed to kick it really hard straight down the middle of them both, through to the keeper.

He should have someone alongside him taking the ball from him - the kind of player we're massively missing. 

• Like 1

Sadly signed 3yrs too late.

hasnt got the legs for amount of games we play and not mobile enough for the games he can play in. 

He needs two quality players (which we don't have) alongside him now, which limits the formations we can utilise. 

A player I really wanted. I even signed him on FIFA before he signed for us. I regret this signing hugely now. Offers bugger all and his 'passing' is up there with the worst I've seen. 

Are we making the same mistakes all over again? Putting rubbish players on big contracts.

On paper it looked like a brilliant signing but he hasn't been as good as we needed. 

I'm reluctant to be too harsh because 1) he really shouldn't be part of a midfield 2 and 2) he's spend all season playing with midfielders that would struggle to impact a game in league 1.

I thought I may be being harsh on him, so I checked out his stats. Yesterday was in fact one of his most successful games for us as regards passing, hitting 70% of his passes succesfully. That's 2% more than his average of 68%...! Against Birmingham he successfully completed 38% of his passes.

For reference; Westwood averages 79%, Bacuna 78%, Grealish 82%, Ayew 86%, Tshibola 80%, Adomah 74% and even Gardner 72%

He's done as a footballer. He should, and probably will after us, retire. Maybe he should leave us now and try and get one more big pay day somewhere, unfortunately I'm beginning to realise that's the club we've become; offering finished players one last pay day.

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I thought I may be being harsh on him, so I checked out his stats. Yesterday was in fact one of his most successful games for us as regards passing, hitting 70% of his passes succesfully. That's 2% more than his average of 68%...! Against Birmingham he successfully completed 38% of his passes.

For reference; Westwood averages 79%, Bacuna 78%, Grealish 82%, Ayew 86%, Tshibola 80%, Adomah 74% and even Gardner 72%

He's done as a footballer. He should, and probably will after us, retire. Maybe he should leave us now and try and get one more big pay day somewhere, unfortunately I'm beginning to realise that's the club we've become; offering finished players one last pay day.

He has already retired and got a final pay day!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2016 at 13:59, Keener window-cleaner said:

Feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle here, but I think he contributes a lot, also today. He is strong and wins a lot of the one on one battles and he is very good in the air, both defensively and in attack. He tries to spread the passes and drives us forward as well.

He had some awkward moments today, especially in the first half, but I would say that was partly because of the formation that confused some of the players.

For me he has delivered as expected so far. An inch or two on our side and his goal wouldn't have been offside, and I think the reactions would have been different. 

The part I emphasized is simply inexcusable if true!!!!!!  They are professional footballers.  Supposedly there on merit.  Which ought to include a modicum of intelligence and experience playing in adjusted formations.   If you are professional and you are asked to do something you don't understand, you say "I don't understand that job, you should find someone who does", or you figure out how to do it before you dig in and botch the job.  

Whether he "contributes a lot" or "has delivered as expected" can be discussed and I suspect you are likely even right about them, but the he was "confused by the formation" excuse is utter crap.  You might as well just say "he's good except that he doesn't have the intelligence or experience to do the job."

unless of course, you meant that he was calm and organized and efficient but everyone around him was confused so nothing he did carried off.... in which case... nevermind.... after you fire every one of them except him.

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think you've inadvertently solved the problem without even knowing it...  have highlighted it in red for ya

14 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

His passing has been poor but I think the problem is more down to those around him. Jedinak is not a great passer of the ball yet he is way out in front when it comes to the average amount of passes per game. No one's close to him. I think that's because unlike others in CM he doesn't hide, he doesn't look for ways to not be involved. There's a real problem when our worst midfield passer is attempting more passes than anyone on the team. 

He wins headers, he makes interceptions and tackles. Is he the best in the league at these things? No, but he's clearly one of, if not the best in our squad at these. 

I still think we will see more from him in his best role once we sign better midfield players.

At his age and with his ability he should not be expected to be the defensive stopper and the main passer in our team. Unfortunately we are so devoid of any talent in this area that he's had to be and he's just not capable of it.

I don't think that means he's done in football at all.  

• Like 1

I was optimistic about this one in the summer but how wrong I was.

In hindsight, when you sign a player who can't get his game for one of the worst teams in the Premier League (and who I think had the worst record in all of English football in 2016) it's only going to go one way.

It's for this reason that I'd rather see us sign the likes of Hourihane, Lansbury etc in this window than any player who is not featuring for a struggling Premier League side.

Â